Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 R/T, but I've been asked if it was a Classic or regular R/T, then I see a Plus model (no, not the "big lady"), so now I am confused. I got mine used, so I have no idea what option package it has and how to tell the difference.

Any clues on how to figure out which I own?

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
if you have the rt classic, you will have what they call heritage wheels, they look like old style cragars, im not sure about rt or rt plus

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
Those are all basically trim packages but all have the 5.7 Hemi motor. You have either the R/T or R/T classic as the R/T plus didn't come out until after 2010. If you have the dual R/T stripe down the side and the script Challenger badge on the side you most likely have a classic but a lot of people mod their cars so things like rims, stripes and emblems don't always make for a positive ID.

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
This is mine, thanks for the help.

Standard R/T. The rims are the standard 18" R/T rims not the classic and it has no script badge or R/T side stripe.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Correct, the Plus trim level was introduced after the 2010 model year. In 2010, there were three R/T trim levels identified with factory ordering package codes "F", "J", or "M". The basic "F" package had standard cloth interior trim (leather trim not optional), standard 18" wheels, or optional 20" chrome-clad wheels. The mid level "J" package came standard with leather interior trim, standard 18" wheels or 20" chrome-clad wheels. The high end "M" is the Classic package and came standard with leather interior trim, 20" mag style wheels, 1971 style double side stripes and scripted fender-mounted "Challenger" emblems.

Your side stripes and "R/T" fender emblems are Mopar aftermarket items. I think I see a hood graphic which would not be factory original. I can't tell the interior trim. Cloth interior / 18" wheel combo means your car has the "F" package; leather interior / 18" wheel combo means "J".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct, the Plus trim level was introduced after the 2010 model year. In 2010, there were three R/T trim levels identified with factory ordering package codes "F", "J", or "M". The basic "F" package had standard cloth interior trim (leather trim not optional), standard 18" wheels, or optional 20" chrome-clad wheels. The mid level "J" package came standard with leather interior trim, standard 18" wheels or 20" chrome-clad wheels. The high end "M" is the Classic package and came standard with leather interior trim, 20" mag style wheels, 1971 style double side stripes and scripted fender-mounted "Challenger" emblems.

Your side stripes and "R/T" fender emblems are Mopar aftermarket items. I think I see a hood graphic which would not be factory original. I can't tell the interior trim. Cloth interior / 18" wheel combo means your car has the "F" package; leather interior / 18" wheel combo means "J".
Thank you for the information. I have all leather interior, so that would make it a J code. I did not realize the hood flat black stripes and fender were aftermarket, but they were well applied. It was a one owner car, so guessing he added them. It even has the flat black stripe on the spoiler that says "Challenger R/T", so guessing that too was added.

All in all, I think it is a neat car, ride great, and to my knowledge, the only Orange Challenger in my town! Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Anyway, thanks everyone for helping a new member and new Challenger owner.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Justin,

So others can indentify key options on your Challenger at a glance, update your profile which is displayed on the upper right side of your posts.

Here's the pathway:
User CP (found on left side of tab bar) > Edit Your details (found on left side of screen) > Additional Information

It's your call on how to best identify your trim level. Technically, there was no Plus package in 2010, but it is equivalent to your J package.

Beyond this, supply any other info that you wish to disclose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Justin,

So others can indentify key options on your Challenger at a glance, update your profile which is displayed on the upper right side of your posts.

Here's the pathway:
User CP (found on left side of tab bar) > Edit Your details (found on left side of screen) > Additional Information

It's your call on how to best identify your trim level. Technically, there was no Plus package in 2010, but it is equivalent to your J package.

Beyond this, supply any other info that you wish to disclose.
Thanks, I updated my info, thought I did that already, but guess not. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
welcome to the Z, you'll learn a lot here I did and its lots of fun too enjoy Baltimore MD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts