Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever bypassed the stock radio were to you can play DVDs while driving ? Or does anyone know how.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can't just ground out the parking brake bypass like you would on an after market unit. You have to but either a lockpick or a nav-tv I believe, depending on the year model of your car. Someone else more well versed will be able to answer this better than me though. Or you can check out the audio/video section. Definitely can find the answer there

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't just ground out the parking brake bypass like you would on an after market unit. You have to but either a lockpick or a nav-tv I believe, depending on the year model of your car. Someone else more well versed will be able to answer this better than me though. Or you can check out the audio/video section. Definitely can find the answer there
Alrite cool thanks a lot I'll check it out!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
so I'll ask....why would you want to?
I have mine disabled/bypassed using the NAV-TV unit. It also removes the lock on entering an address in the GPS (which I use a ton) while moving, as well as being able to add front and back cameras. Regarding unlocking the DVD, we've taken some long rides where one of my kids has been in the passenger seat and watched movies or tv series while I drove. Kinda sucks unless it's a movie you like to quote :)

I've also done it driving by myself. Put in a concert or a comedian's standup DVD and listen to it while driving. But I know what you're getting at and I've seen some people pay more attention to them than they do the road. On a drive to Chicago one year I had a guy pass me about 5 or 6 times over maybe 3 miles. Kept speeding up, then slowing down. I finally had to look and I see him reclined wayyyy back and there's a movie or something on the head unit in the dash. That was enough for me to risk a speeding ticket and put a lot of distance between us.

I don't know if the Dodge head unit will let you turn the screen off while a DVD is playing or not (would be nice), but the Kenwoods I have in both of my other cars do, so it does eliminate the distraction so you can just listen without feeling a need to look down at the screen.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
ya...I just see it being a huge distraction is all. In today's day and age with so much focus on cell phones and texting etc....having a movie playing in the front seat sounds like a bad bad idea! Just as easy to throw a movie into a lap top or a tablet or something for a passenger I guess. Not being all holier than thou or anything like that...hopefully it doesn't sound that way!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
ya...I just see it being a huge distraction is all. In today's day and age with so much focus on cell phones and texting etc....having a movie playing in the front seat sounds like a bad bad idea! Just as easy to throw a movie into a lap top or a tablet or something for a passenger I guess. Not being all holier than thou or anything like that...hopefully it doesn't sound that way!
And they'd turn the screen away from the driver of course...safety first :)

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,675 Posts
This was the first modification that we did on ours. We use the car for long trips so my family can watch a movie. You do have to train yourself not to look down at what is going on.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Lockpick5 works great. Not to mention passenger can enter an address while driving, otherwise just sucks having to put the car in park. Then for $40 ad the backup camera and you solve a lot of issues all at once! The overall best mod that can be made to the Challenger IMHO...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts