Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had the issue that the radio begins to skip from one pre-programmed station to another - really quickly and doesn't stop? It also does it when I'm on a call using the bluetooth, however when connected using AutoPlay the stations and hands-free phone works just fine. I have the 8.4 infotainment screen. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
sounds like the button (on the left side back of the steering wheel) might be sticking.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have something similar happen, mine only does it during a super hard 1-2 shift! (Changes from media to am radio) almost like a lose solder joint on a board somewhere...IDK weird

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have something similar happen, mine only does it during a super hard 1-2 shift! (Changes from media to am radio) almost like a lose solder joint on a board somewhere...IDK weird
That's what I was thinking too - taking into the dealership to get it checked out. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
The center button on the right side back of the steering wheel changes the inputs. AM radio is the selection immediately after media. So apparently when you hard shift that button is reacting the same as you pushing the button. Sounds like the button is just over sensitive.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
So you’re saying just from the shear shock huh! that’s crazy man
The g-forces, or maybe a jerk on the car when you throw into 2nd. But yeah, if the contacts of that switch are super sensitive, I could see it happening.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I think I’ll try giving the steering wheel a good hand bang with it in media mode and see if it changes to am
You don't even need to be in media mode. The button cycles through the inputs: AM -> FM -> Sirius (if you have it) -> Media -> back to AM. So you can have it in any input and it will cycle to the next one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts