Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... i have a 2012 R/T with the factory stereo, 6 speaker boston acoustics, with the uconnect, sirius and all that jazz. for a really great price i picked up a non nav touchscreen MyGig unit that came out of a 2010 r/t model. the questions i have are, even though it doesnt have a "sirius" button on the face... is it satellite radio compatible? also ive seen on various sites of all of the "REN" names among others... whats the difference in the different ones?. also lastly, the research that ive found before buying it that all challengers are low bus speed and i should be okay on that issue. sorta new to this... :4-dontknow: figured it was a good upgrade to the factory stereo. i never was one to swap radios in any cars ive had in the past unless they just crap out on me and im forced to change it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Your original radio has the Sirius capability built in. My 430 has at least a soft button for the SAT on the radio screen. I don't recall if it has a "hard" button. Your other issue is whether or not your new radio has Uconnect internal or not. That will matter as assuming you currently have a 130 that uses a separate module.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts