Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I bought a 8.4 uconnect radio to upgrade the 5.0 uconnect that came in my 2015 challenger off of eBay. When I installed it in the car it ask for a 4 digit code. I went to the dealership to get it programmed and they told me they couldn't without the vin number of the car that the 8.4 came out of, so I emailed the seller on eBay and asked him for the vin and he said he didn't have it. Is there anything else I can do to get the code?

·
Get-R-Done
94 Posts
This may sound dumb but did you look on the radio itself? I have seen people sometimes stick the code on the casing of the radio, or tape it to the casing. Just a thought, hope you can get it figured out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought one myself and I am having the same problem with not having the anti theft code. What did you do to fix it?
Hey! I bought a 8.4 uconnect radio to upgrade the 5.0 uconnect that came in my 2015 challenger off of eBay. When I installed it in the car it ask for a 4 digit code. I went to the dealership to get it programmed and they told me they couldn't without the vin number of the car that the 8.4 came out of, so I emailed the seller on eBay and asked him for the vin and he said he didn't have it. Is there anything else I can do to get the code?
lf

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought one myself and I am having the same problem with not having the anti theft code. What did you do to fix it?

lf[/QUO

lf
I went to a different dealership and the Service Manager put in his over ride code and then they programed it to my car. I went to 2 other dealerships before that and they wouldn't do it. Only the SM has the over ride code

1 - 5 of 5 Posts