Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really haven't sen many of these around. They are sort of a transition between the SXT Plus and R/T. I didn't want the bottom of the line Challenger, but I couldn't afford nor could I really handle a Hemi. But I wanted one...just because it's a Hemi! The mopar shifter is cool and it came with chrome pedal covers and a car cover and some really COOL rims that are painted red inside. For a female, this is the perfect combination of luxury and sport. Drives as smooth as my Benz did, heated seats, makeup mirror lots of room for accessories, roomy trunk, but the outside would never show it.

The leather is pretty cool too with the red color. Don't know if Challengers all come with park assist but it came with that as well which helps because I can't see backing up.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
Looking Good!

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Sharp!!! Best of luck with it. :wavey:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
That is an astonishingly good picture of the interior! Glad you dig your car though :smileup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is an astonishingly good picture of the interior! Glad you dig your car though :smileup:
Thanks. When it warms up the pics will be even better.

Of course I dig it. I've wanted one for a bit. Really I started out wanting an old Cuda' but I have never driven a car without anti lock brakes and power steering. Kentucky gets a lot of ice and rain so I could see it in a ditch or wrapped around a tree in no time.

This car reminds me a lot of the old Cuda's. Maybe that's just me, but then when I went to the dealership with the list of specs I wanted in my car, and after sitting in one, I realized that I definitely had to buy this car. At first they were setting me up with a Hemi but to be honest, I scrapped the engine but I am far happier with the rest of the package that came with this car than the Hemi I had looked at. And that's all that matters anyway.

Sharp!!! Best of luck with it. :wavey:
Actually I've had bad luck. The car is great, but a couple weeks after purchasing the car I was in a storm right before Christmas. Kentucky can get any weather at any time of the year, just so happened as with many Decembers recently, we had tornadic weather around Christmas. I had three shopping carts blown into the driver's side at 75MPH plus during a storm at Wal Mart. I was sitting in the car when they were hitting it, but I couldn't get out of the parking lot because cars were all trying to leave at once. So....had to get that fixed. It killed me.

Then a couple weeks ago the garage door shut on it. Apparently the back end sits up higher and stick out so far from the wheels that my censors didn't sense the car. So I had to fix that. But other than that, things have been just fine with the car. I put about 500 miles per week on it. But it's a Dodge, it will go forever. My garage sensors have been moved up. Two feet off the ground is NOT good enough for this car.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Love your car!!!

Last year when I bought my R/T Classic, a black Challenger was not my first choice. In order, I wanted to get it painted in Billet Silver, Blue, or Hemi Orange. Black was fourth on my list. I detail cars as a hobby and black is the the color most difficult to keep free of swirls and scratches.

So when the fleet manager asked me to look at a pitch black R/T he had sitting on his lot, I was lukewarm at best. But when I saw that black beauty set off with red A-line stripes and that killer radar red interior, I was instantly hooked. I have never regretted my choice. That black car with red stripes and interior looks even more dramatic to me today as it did 8+ months ago when I saw her sitting there with hammered (dull and swirled) paint after being exposed for nearly 100 days in the sun and countless pressure washes.

Nothing pops better than glossy black paint, and these black Challengers clean up really nice under a dual action polisher and the proper detailing polishes. And that radar red interior is still the first thing people are drawn to when they see my Challenger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love your car!!!

Last year when I bought my R/T Classic, a black Challenger was not my first choice. In order, I wanted to get it painted in Billet Silver, Blue, or Hemi Orange. Black was fourth on my list. I detail cars as a hobby and black is the the color most difficult to keep free of swirls and scratches.

So when the fleet manager asked me to look at a pitch black R/T he had sitting on his lot, I was lukewarm at best. But when I saw that black beauty set off with red A-line stripes and that killer radar red interior, I was instantly hooked. I have never regretted my choice. That black car with red stripes and interior looks even more dramatic to me today as it did 8+ months ago when I saw her sitting there with hammered (dull and swirled) paint after being exposed for nearly 100 days in the sun and countless pressure washes.

Nothing pops better than glossy black paint, and these black Challengers clean up really nice under a dual action polisher and the proper detailing polishes. And that radar red interior is still the first thing people are drawn to when they see my Challenger.
I agree. The black paint already has a few swirls because I have had to use a car wash to get the salt off of the car. Luckily I use touchless which is a tad better, but not much. It will be ok though.

It has since had the windows tinted and they blend in with the black, makes it look even more mysterious.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love the redline! Awesome choice! I know black is hard to keep up but looks bad ass IMHO Getting ramped up to do some changes to mine which will be similar to the redline. Have fun in that beauty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts