Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Rallye Redline. I have been told that the brakes and suspension are the same as the RT is this true?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well..mind does..I have a 2013 Rallye Redline.
But I also built mine from the ground up on the website and then ordered it. So you may or may not have things on yours that I made sure to get on mine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2011 SST. Which is the step just up from the rallye of that year. It came with the 3.06 gears, 20" RT rims, RT breaks and Suspension..

So I dunno if the rallye comes with it as standard unless you asked for the "super sports group" That's what the SST thing is over the SXT. As my understanding (at least for the 2011 years and before) the Rallye was just the lil spoiler, 2 stripes up the middle and different alloys but not the bigger 20" ones.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As of 2012 the Super Sport Group and the Rallye Redline both include the performance suspension/steering/brakes which are standard equipment on the R/T. The SS has the basic 20" chrome clad wheels and the RR comes with the 20" Black chrome clad wheels with the red lip and backbone. The RR also comes with Sport Mode and the steering wheel mounted paddle shifters.

I should add that in 2011 the Super Sport Group, Rallye Package, and Rallye Group were all options for the SE. If you purchased the SSG option the Rallye package was also required.

2011 Options:

Rallye Package
Amplifier; 276 Watt amplifier; Six Boston Acoustics speakers; Headlight control with dusk sensor; Front fog lights; Heated driver seat and front passenger seat: Leather upholstery; USB input jacks; Illuminated driver and passenger vanity mirror; Includes: [RSC] SIRIUS Satellite Radio And [RSP] UConnect Hands-Free Communication (Fleet); Excludes: [L7DV] Dark Slate Gray Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats

Rallye Group
Alloy wheels: 18"x 7.5"; Trunk/hatch spoiler; Requires: [26G] Rallye Package And [M2U] Black/Red Center Stripes; Or [M2T] Black/Gray Center Stripes

Super Sport Group
Alloy chrome wheels: 20"x 8.0"; 215MM rear axle; Front and rear 245 / 45 tires; 3.06 rear axle ratio; Ventilated; Performance steering; Sport suspension; Requires: [26G] Rallye Package

Hope this helps to clarify things

·
Registered
28 Posts
No problem. That's why we're all here, too help each other out. :smileup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
A 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine that punches out 305 horsepower at 6,300 rpm and 268 pound-feet of torque at 4,800 rpm powers this 2012 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline. Though this is the same engine the SXT has, it should be a tick faster to 60 mph than the SXT’s 6.8-second time, thanks to a 3.06 axle ratio compared to the SXT’s 2.65 ratio. What this ratio means is that for each revolution of the driveshaft, the wheels turn 3.06 times, as opposed the 2.65 times of the SXT, which equals faster acceleration.
As for the transmission, the Rallye Redline features a five-speed transmission with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, instead of the SXT’s standard “AutoStick.” The transmission also features a sport mode for more aggressive shifting, leading to even greater responsiveness. The engine and transmission combine to allow the Challenger to get 18 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.

As if the Rallye Redline edition of the 2012 Challenger didn’t set itself off enough from the SXT, we left the best for last. Dodge focused heavily on the Rallye Redline’s steering, suspension, and braking, making it far superior to the SXT. It started off with the addition of the Super Sport Group suspension system, which includes 42% stiffer shocks in the front and 22% stiffer ones in the rear. Dodge also increased the thickness of the front and rear stabilizer bars to help prevent body roll through the twisties. The Rallye also gives the driver a better feel of the road, as its steering is 25% quicker to respond than the SXT’s and feels 20% heavier on center. Dodge threw in a set of 245/45R20 V-rated high-performance, all-season tires on each corner to round out its stellar handling.
What good is driving fast if you cannot stop the vehicle? That is something my dad taught me as a young driver. Well, Dodge took care of that by slapping dual-piston front brake calipers in the place of the SXT’s single piston calipers. Dodge wrapped it all up by increasing the front rotors to 13.6 inches in diameter and the rear rotors to 12.6 inches in diameter. The larger the rotor, the more heat dissipation; the more heat dissipation, the quicker the vehicle can stop.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Try ordering the caliper covers for the SXT ss package. I tried twice, the second time talked to the company that sells them. No go. looks like I'm going to take the time and coat them myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts