Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy totalled his challenger out last week and the insurance finally released it to him to get all his aftermarket stuff off before they tow it to the junkyard, I managed to get a tuner from him and a brand new rbz mygig his had gone bad not long ago and his warranty gave him a brand new one and I had just the abse radio in mine so we swapped them out. Question is, do I have to take it to the dealer to get them to activate it, or am I able to do this somewhere else and not get charged fifty bucks for basically nothing. He is willing to go to the dealer with me to prove it isnt stolen etc. but id rather keep my fifty. lol I have looked around and found several sites posted with info but not much else.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW I do have all the numbers and his vin number in case there are any Dodge mechanics or service guys in here! lol
Model# P05091168AD
Serial# t 00 AM 095 2 T5544
Date code# 0952

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind .... I found a number online for a company that sells these, gave him the info on Friday, got the code today and back in service with no questions asked.

·
Registered
250 Posts
What's the secret in case someone else gets stuck? BTW-Nice wheels! My favorite!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://oemautopartsco.com/ 1(855)-OEM-NAVS just called them and gave them my info for the rbz radio, part number and serial number etc, they said it takes about 12 hrs to get the code sent to them and then they emailed it to me.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliment steveb, these are my favorite wheels on these cars besides the srt alcoas, these really resemble the old school wheels from the chargers and challengers a lot and give it a more retro style look I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts