Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thank you all for your advice in my other thread. I took it to heart, and am back to looking at an R/T. Pretty sure I am heading out tomorrow to do some shopping. They have a torred RT with the track pack, 6 speed, 20" rims and the 430 u connect. I really dont care about the rims because they will be replaced anyway, and at $1300 I guess I am stuck with them, as their is a limited supply of rts around here in a color I want. (NO more Black cars!!!) last three cars were black lol I am done with the second job. Sticker is $34,075 with the $4000 off that takes it to $30,000. On the R/T where should I start the negotiations? I am thinking 25k and bringing up the rims as one of the reasons. and hopefully walking out at 27.5k including the rebates. Should I start lower? Higher?

·
12,989 Posts
Shoot for the sky, hey all they can do is say no.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then I will start at 27 dollars and 16 cents lol. Is it realistic to think That I could get 4 grand off the car Plus the rebates? Never bought a car before when the model was going out.

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Seems like a pretty low price if you can get it for under $30k! They won't care about the rims, by the way, so not really a negotiating point. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Although mine is a 2012.....my sticker was $35,940. I drove it home out the door for $28,900. I had the advantage of dueling dealerships, however....either way, anything under 30K is great. Good luck and keep us posted!!!:smileup:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didnt get a chance at the dealership today. After I spent an hour and a half at the bank, my two year old had a huge breakdown from no nap, so I went home. Got preapproved for much more than I need so thats good. The car I am looking at is $34,075. Take the 4 grand off to $30,075. I am hoping being end of model I can get another 2 grand off, but I am going to start at 5gs off. It is the last R/T they have, so hopefully they will want to get rid of it. Tags and Title are $190 and tax on $28,000 is $1680, So I should be able to walk out at $29,870. Credit isnt great so I got 2.29% which should put me right below $450. I will hopefully have some pics tomorrow! And thanks for all the advice on the Hemi over the 3.6. I had a 3.9 Mustang and after about a month I was wishing I had gotten the V8.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
I am in the same boat as Betty I bought my 2012 last July with msrp pf 40 and change and paid 34 and change but have every option available.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Find out the invoice price (Edmunds, Cars.com), offer that and claim all applicable incentives (market area, military). Interact with the dealership in a calm and professional manner and make them believe that you are a quick, easy deal. The dealership will still get money from the holdback and may reasonably expect future business from you in sevice and parts (the back-end of the deal).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts