41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,921 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Cervins are really nice. Got a great deal on a used Cervins TA hood $600:) Just need to get painted to match my car.

·
Premium Member
18,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Here's what I would do Art!
I agree Art.....and just like me....you will have a spare hood....lol
Cervins are really nice. Got a great deal on a used Cervins TA hood $600:) Just need to get painted to match my car.
A couple of years back I started looking into Cervinis and AFR Shaker hoods. @Shanes13 was very helpful with this search. Anyway,both hoods received high marks in terms of quality and paint match. My concern was they would be prone to wobbling ( not sure if that's the right word) because they are fiberglass. That's what stopped me from going forward. Dan and Ron, did/do you notice any excessive shaking,wobbling when traveling at 70 - 90 mph ?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,921 Posts
A couple of years back I started looking into Cervinis and AFR Shaker hoods. @Shanes13 was very helpful with this search. Anyway,both hoods received high marks in terms of quality and paint match. My concern was they would be prone to wobbling ( not sure if that's the right word) because they are fiberglass. That's what stopped me from going forward. Dan and Ron, did/do you notice any excessive shaking,wobbling when traveling at 70 - 90 mph ?
You can also ask Tony, @moparX2

Reactions: nunya

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,909 Posts
Next month, I will have had my '09 Challenger R/T for 11 years. Its got 39K miles on it. Not trying to brag here,but it looks brand new, runs like a top and I still love the car. Plus,its got a lifetime warranty on the power train.
For the last few years,the thought of buying a new one keeps creeping into my mind. I would like a shaker R/T of some sort.Yet every time I entertain the possibility,I keep walking away with the feeling that keeping my car is the best alternative.
I would really appreciate some insight from you guys/gals on this, as I am at the paralysis through analysis stage.
Thanks !
I didn't read all of the posts here, but you can turn your ride into a Shaker without voiding your warranty. That would give you the best of both worlds...

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
So I have a question... You ain’t gonna get crap on trade. I have my 14 Shaker that I bought new and it ain’t going no where. Why can you not keep it? It is almost or should be part of the family. You can go to Haggerty insurance and get agreed upon value as long as you don’t drive over 6K per year. Just my two cents....

·
Premium Member
18,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
So I have a question... You ain’t gonna get crap on trade. I have my 14 Shaker that I bought new and it ain’t going no where. Why can you not keep it? It is almost or should be part of the family. You can go to Haggerty insurance and get agreed upon value as long as you don’t drive over 6K per year. Just my two cents....
Appreciate your opinion Bruce. To answer your question, I can keep it and probably will.
I've been going through this spin cycle for the last few years. Replace it with a newer model that has a Shaker hood and a different color or keep a car that I still enjoy the hell out of, is in excellent condition and runs like a top.
I don't need anymore power. I'm fine with the 5.7 and a Pedal Commander. As others have suggested, I may revisit putting a Shaker hood on and be done with it. Either way your insurance suggestion is a good one. I'll be looking into that very soon.

·
Business
21,107 Posts
There is no pleasing you.....God help Sandy!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have not installed mine yet. I had a fibeglass hood on my old 02 Mustang with a procharger. It was a qality hood but not quite as well built as the Cervins. Never had any issues.

·
801 RWHP
8,468 Posts
You know, Art. I have walked with you. You're worried about the damn hood wobbling??‍♂

·
Premium Member
18,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm a long time owner too, I've had mine for over ten years. While if I find a deal one day I may get another one, this one ain't going anywhere. I bought the lifetime warranty but am yet to use anything with 86k on the clock or so. I wouldn't ever advise anyone to trade, especially one of our vintage, you'd get shafted. I think I agree with all the other folks who have said put a shaker on your current ride.

I can't imagine anyone else owning my baby.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
646 Posts
Keep your existing car. Pick up a leftover '19 R/T Shaker and take advantage of the killer incentives.

Any time I've traded a car that I'd owned "for a while" is when I was most likely to experience seller's regret.

Reactions: MIDNITE RT
41 - 60 of 89 Posts