Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Keep your existing car. Pick up a leftover '19 R/T Shaker and take advantage of the killer incentives.

Any time I've traded a car that I'd owned "for a while" is when I was most likely to experience seller's regret.
Wizard - Thanks for the feedback but there's two reasons why that wouldn't work for me.

1. I barely put 3000 miles on one Challenger per year. Hard to justify owning two of them.
2. I only have a one car garage and could never leave one out in the elements. My OCD would drive me up a wall.

·
Business
21,107 Posts
Wizard - Thanks for the feedback but there's two reasons why that wouldn't work for me.

1. I barely put 3000 miles on one Challenger per year. Hard to justify owning two of them.
2. I only have a one car garage and could never leave one out in the elements. My OCD would drive me up a wall.
You could put a garage door on the wine cellar!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,113 Posts
Once you drive that new Scat off the lot, the other challenger will fad from your mind............I know this..................

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I saw my old car a few days ago, and I didn't miss anything about it at all, except the much more potent heated seats it had. The ones in my present car are sad compared to the ones in my '10 R/T or my '08 Charger R/T But winter is almost done, so..

·
Premium Member
18,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Art, Im not sure how this ended but I also have owned a 2009 Challenger R/T for 11 years and still love it. Anyway if your ready to upgrade have at it or keep what you have.....either way enjoy the ride!
Appreciate that Bob. Things are on hold right now for obvious reasons, but I'm at about 60/40 to holding on to it for all the reasons why you still like yours.

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,909 Posts
Once you drive that new Scat off the lot, the other challenger will fad from your mind............I know this..................
That wouldn't be true for me. Mine is a keeper... for life!!!

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
It may be wise to wait and see what kind of economy is left after all this virus is over, we have no idea what the future holds, and buying a new car right now, as appealing as they are making it, could be the worst mistake any of us could make.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,113 Posts
It may be wise to wait and see what kind of economy is left after all this virus is over, we have no idea what the future holds, and buying a new car right now, as appealing as they are making it, could be the worst mistake any of us could make.
That certainly could be true. If we come out of this soon, then it might be the best decision if the car companies offer great deals. I heard that used cars may also be in high demand!

Reactions: Dodgeguy and nunya

·
Premium Member
18,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Well..... 9 months later and I finally made the decision to buy a '21 Wide Body with a Shaker hood. The fact that this decision kept coming up made me decide it was time. Ordered it on 12/28 and was told it would take 6-10 weeks. We'll see. Since its Winter, I have a little more patience.
Alex is going to keep my '09 so at least it will be around for a couple of more years. I want to thank everyone who offered opinions in this thread.

Here is a pic of what I ordered :

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,921 Posts
Congrats Art, you will really enjoy your upgrade. I pretty much figured You would get it. I hope it got far along before the shutdown .

·
Premium Member
18,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Congrats Art, you will really enjoy your upgrade. I pretty much figured You would get it. I hope it got far along before the shutdown .
Thanks Corbin. I call every Tuesday to check the status. Last week it was assigned a VIN # and was queued to be built so its' not that far along.
I'm hoping the shortage of semi-conductors doesn't hold it up too much, but since its winter anyway I can wait. I'll call tomorrow to check on the status and will mention the contents of the article you posted. I'll be surprised if the rep is aware of it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well..... 9 months later and I finally made the decision to buy a '21 Wide Body with a Shaker hood. The fact that this decision kept coming up made me decide it was time. Ordered it on 12/28 and was told it would take 6-10 weeks. We'll see. Since its Winter, I have a little more patience.
Alex is going to keep my '09 so at least it will be around for a couple of more years. I want to thank everyone who offered opinions in this thread.

View attachment 268992
Nice!!!!

·
Business
21,107 Posts

View attachment 268992
I'm sure Alex kept reminding you to replace that old clunker!
Congratulations The winery business must have done good this year!

61 - 80 of 89 Posts