Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started noticing a clicking noise coming from the rear end when turning at slow speeds. Usually pulling into my neighborhood. I only hear it with the windows down. I’ve only had the car a little over a month so I haven’t learned all the noises yet. I’m not sure if it’s the lsd or something yo be concerned about. It’s a 2021 t/a 392. Thanks

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,281 Posts
First I'd carefully check the tires for one of those pesty little stones lodged in the treads (or a small screw / nail). If they're clear, time for a dealership visit. Even if the dealership can't find the issue, at least you've got it documented.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I started noticing a clicking noise coming from the rear end when turning at slow speeds. Usually pulling into my neighborhood. I only hear it with the windows down. I’ve only had the car a little over a month so I haven’t learned all the noises yet. I’m not sure if it’s the lsd or something yo be concerned about. It’s a 2021 t/a 392. Thanks
Hi Dmcollins,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
A guess on my part, but you car most likely has a anti spin rear end, or whatever they call it now, same as sure grip, posi traction etc. They will sometimes drag a tire a little bit on tight turns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out I was looking in the wrong place. It was coming from the front wheels. I found a service notice about clicking from the front wheels, figured I’d give it a shot. I cleaned the brake rotors and wheels where they mate. I retorqued a couple loose rotor bolts an properly torqued the lugs and the sound is gone. Weird

1 - 5 of 5 Posts