Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any good traction bars for the rear because when i accelerate at full throttle straight line , the back rolls side to side sometimes. I am not even cornering, its a straight road.

Currently close to 500 to the wheel and thinking of going to 650 soon, and want to be prepare for that .

Any recommendations or what i can get to prevent rolls when accelerating straight line.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,624 Posts
Traction bars were designed for solid rear axles and usually leaf springs not aware of any for an irs rear suspension.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What parts in my car can't handle the quick roll i get while accelerating? I mean its real quick and then the car gets back in straight line but that little rear movement, i can lost control one day.

The question i have is since my RT challenger classic came with LImited Slip Differential package, is it GETRAG or NON getrag ?

Do i need stronger axels that will prevent this slight roll or will that just contain it ?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ur tranny is only good for right around where you are at. 500-525 rwp. The 6m can handle about 600 rwp. You should also look at swapping out your half shafts for 1000 hp shafts. Consider an upgraded driveshaft and rear shaft bearings. The higher TQ may pull the rear bearings out. Im at 389 rw TQ and twisted the driveshaft off the car. Nice to have the warranty. ;)

Im sure others will chime in but pushing the power up that high is not easy. You will need some huge engine mods and lots of $$$. Have you considered a 426 stroker and add a SC to that? It would put you in ur 650 hp range. Motor alone is no less than $12k and would need another $5-6k for SC and more $$ for install and tune. Plus the cost of the above items I first mentioned.

Good luck on your project. Keep us posted on what direction you take.

As for your "sliding" concern, sounds like you have traction issues. Look into stickier tires. A lot of guys with SC have the same issue. Learn to launch the car and roll into the the throttle. Maybe consider a rear strut brace. At least it will hold the rear together. Lol.

I thought all RT auto's come with 3.06 getrag? Maybe just the RTs with Trak Pak do?

Reactions: MIDNITE RT
1 - 4 of 4 Posts