Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had there car done, for the recall on the timing chain issue. If so where there any problems when they put it all back together?

Yes, mine is on the list. I think I will wait until the dealer does a couple before I take mine in.

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Picked the Challenger up tonight after the recall service. Looked OK, except they lost one of the screws that hold the grille to my CAI box. I'll go over it better when I clean it up tomorrow. The shaker will have to be adjusted again, but I expected that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just received my notice today. I was getting a little nervous about the chain since my RT just turned 100k this past Sunday. Notice said it is a 4 hour job. Not buying that, but I'm glad they have finally addressed the timing chain issue. Calling for repair tomorrow.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had mine done a couple of weeks ago. I asked the tech to take his time and it was a two day project. He did great on it though, no complaints since I've gotten the vehicle back.

I did go through and remove most of the cosmetic stuff from me engine bay before taking it in. Partly to keep the tech from having to do extra work, but also so I didn't have to worry about them getting damaged.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Got my notice also last week. If it was a 2 day job, did your dealer offer you a courtesy car while the did the repair........... probably a dumb question, right? I guessing not.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Talked to my dealer today, he's done 5 at about 5 hours average. He will order parts for me, but couldn't tell me when exactly since they can only order so many at a time and they can only do 1 a week? Not that I'm in a hurry but WTH? Rationing?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
37,908 Posts
Talked to my dealer today, he's done 5 at about 5 hours average. He will order parts for me, but couldn't tell me when exactly since they can only order so many at a time and they can only do 1 a week? Not that I'm in a hurry but WTH? Rationing?
Since there is a fairly large cost associated with this recall my guess on the 1 set/week (my dealer said that also) spread out across all the dealers is to control the cash flow. This way they have an idea of what they have to fork out and when.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I read my notice Friday, I am a little worried as my R/T is super charged. Hope they can do it and won't charge me extra:SHOCKED:.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Notice said it is a 4 hour job. Not buying that, but I'm glad they have finally addressed the timing chain issue. Calling for repair tomorrow.
The four hour time is probably the number of hours that Chrysler will pay the dealer to do the work. "Real" time will likely be longer.

I've scheduled my car to get this recall done next Monday, 17 March.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Completed

I just brought her home after a 10 mile shake down ride. She seems to be running normally. My only complaint thus far is there's a lot of white spots under the hood. I'm not sure what it is, but, I assume it's from the coolant or other materials they used in the job. So, I have some work to do there. Now begins the paranoia!:confused:
Keep on CHALLENGING!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.