Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved out here and I need to find a reliable mechanic that can do modifications. I used to have a great mechanic when I was stationed in Washington. I live in the Gaithersburg area, closer is better but I'll travel to get something done right the first time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check out my mechanic, his name is 'Sonny', and he's at Quince Orchard Shell. And don't let the fact that he's a gas station mechanic diswade you..... he's got many year's of crankin' wrenches under his belt, as well as he was a Lincoln/Merc Service Manager for several years till he got sick of the BS of a dealership structure. I've been in the auto industry for over 30 years before I became disabled, and he's the only mechanic I'll trust my car, and the other half's car as well, and SHE'S very picky about who touches her precious car! The station is on Rt.124, and Clopper Road, just about a mile down the street from Lake Forest Mall. Just let him know that "Rocky" sent ya, and he'll take care of you.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely will be going to see Sonny... Thanks for the info... I need to start working on this car...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad I could be of assistance! He definately knowswhat he's doing. I remember one evening when he and I were working late 'cause of a heavy snow storm, and this guy 'limped' his Jaguar V12 onto the lot. It had a blown water-pump. He and I had to lift the back end of the motor 1/2 out to get to the @#*&^[email protected]!# thing! No wonder Jag mechanic's get paid so much!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Here is another place. Check out BV Speed Shop in Damascus.

http://www.bvrepair.net/home/index.php/performance/

I have not had any work completed by them yet, but I hear he is pretty good and his prices are moderate. Sometime ago before my Challenger arrived I stopped by and met him and took a tour of his shop. I can;t remember the owner's name but he is a former mechanic at Crystal Chevrolet Dodge.

·
Registered
497 Posts
had a friend recommend T and T performance, they are in Frederick but Tim is quick and honest.
http://tandtperformance.com/
I actually used T&T for my spring install and alignment (I work in Frederick). Gave a great price and their service was awesome. Tim is a cool dude, even if he is a Camaro guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts