Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
when I bought my 2019 WideBody Challenger Scatpack the salesman did the remote start in front of me to start the car. So I know the remote start worked with the key I have. i bought the car used so I only received 1 key. i never asked the salesman how to use the remote start because I knew how, 2 clicks of the remote. i Buy the car and go home. The remote start never worked for me. I tried and tried nothing. So I looked up and saw a Uconnect app and called them and they told me I needed to pay $20 a month for the remote start. I said that’s a waste of money, nevermind. but....today I was with some friends and every single challenger had remote start. All 11 besides mine. I said you all pay $20 a month for that? They were confused and explained my car automatically comes with it. They looked inside at the options and made sure it is on. Looks like auto start is active on my computer screen inside the car. So What could be the problem? I have changed the battery already just to see if that was the problem months ago when I bought the car?
Everyone was saying it’s probably something with my key fob.
another thing weird is I almost always need to use my key fob on the start button to start the car. they were confused why they couldnt just start the car with the key inside the car.
and another thing about my key fob, if I turn on the car, then reopen my car door it thinks my key fob has left the car but it’s still inside the car.
This obviously seems to be the key fob now that I write this out. What should I do or can a I do? Thanks, everyone. Mopar brotherhood for life. I’ll make sure I answer questions for help when I know the answer. Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,041 Posts
Well my first thought , maybe the battery you bought was no good.

Reactions: 10HORT

·
Registered
23 Posts
When that happened to me, my car had the check engine light on. Once I got that code cleared, I could use the remote start. Does your vehicle start with remote start then automatically shut off, or does it not start at all?

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,847 Posts
Sounds like a bad FOB battery or FOB. Start with a new battery, again (cheapest). If you continue to have issues, especially since you have to place the FOB against the start button, I would bring it to an FCA service center. Should still be under warranty. You DON'T need to pay Uconnect $20 a month to use the remote start feature on the FOB, that's only for the APP related features. After the free year, I didn't renew. Not many here do. EDIT: I would however, inform Uconnect that YOU now own the car and to remove it from the previous owner's account. You may be able to set up an account without activating any services, that way it's easier to do so later on, if you choose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When that happened to me, my car had the check engine light on. Once I got that code cleared, I could use the remote start. Does your vehicle start with remote start then automatically shut off, or does it not start at all?
Not at all

·
Registered
23 Posts
🤔 I just read that your problem may involve the plunger switch under the hood being too low. The owner of that vehicle said that they experienced the same issues, but when they had a shop throw a spacer under the switch to raise it, the remote start worked just fine.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Can you lock/unlock the doors using the buttons on the fobik? If so then the fobik is transmitting. Assuming that, when you try to remote start do you get any horn beeps?
One beep and no start means a remote start required condition is not ready.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Something else to consider - if you only received one fobik, likely there are one or more fobiks floating around with somebody that can steal you car. You may want to get a second fobik and them both re-sequenced to your car to eliminate the concern. Also I would not want to have only one working fobik for my vehicle because if it fails you are stuck.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Something else to consider - if you only received one fobik, likely there are one or more fobiks floating around with somebody that can steal you car. You may want to get a second fobik and them both re-sequenced to your car to eliminate the concern. Also I would not want to have only one working fobik for my vehicle because if it fails you are stuck.
You can have a max of three FOBs, so make sure all others are deleted from the car.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
You seem confused about the uConnect app and what it does. You can always start your car with the FOB, if it's working. With uConnect, you can start the car with the phone, at much longer range (like anywhere), you can unlock the car with the phone and you can locate the car if needed. The phone will alert you if someone breaks into the car too.

The remote start will fail if any door is open, trunk or hood is open, or it thinks it's open, and if there is a check engine light. On the older models, if the CEL is on, the car will start for a short time, then shut off because of the CEL. My old car had a evaporative leak that seemed to be unsolvable, and it was one of the reasons I decided to trade it. Of course, the dealer I traded it to found the problem in one day, so it was fixed, too late for me.

Reactions: MIDNITE RT

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I just noticed an issue with my Remote Start. I started it yesterday using the remote start on the FOB and also SHUT IT OFF using the FOB. Today the remote start wouldn't work (only flashed the lights once). When I got in the car to start it, "Remote Starter Disabled" was indicated on the EVIC. After starting and shutting it down with the dash button, I was then able to use the Remote Start feature normally. I guess by using the FOB to turn it off, I disabled the feature, until I manually started it.

·
Premium Member
5,883 Posts
If you remote start, you have to push dash button to drive vehicle. If you start and stop with remote, you need to start manually to override interlock. Standard operating feature.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts