Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Just picked up my new 2019 Dodge Challenger SXT w/Blacktop Package. I am looking to add Remote Start to my car from Dodge, however every dealership I call says that my car is not compatible with remote start. I have several friends that have 2016-2018 that have gone this route as well and had remote start installed at the dealer, however when they search via my VIN, no parts show up. I saw on the forms that someone had a similar situation with a Challenger GT, but they were able to find the right part and have the dealer order it. I am coming from GM products and am very accustomed to remote start (especially in the summer). Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,602 Posts
Welcome from AZ, no clue check with Steve White Dodge Parts, or Mopar on line parts in the vendor section on this site.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,602 Posts
Looks like Dodge is not offering for 2019. No idea why, I would still talk to either of the above.

·
Registered
994 Posts
If they don't get an aftermarket one they work better imho. The range is better and you don't have to put the key in the ignition after two remote starts to reset the system like the oem Dodge ones. I have had a couple Compustar remote starts a one way and a two way system and both worked excellent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they don't get an aftermarket one they work better imho. The range is better and you don't have to put the key in the ignition after two remote starts to reset the system like the oem Dodge ones. I have had a couple Compustar remote starts a one way and a two way system and both worked excellent.
I would go that route but I got a lifetime warranty with mine and I don't want them to come back and state that it is voided if I have it done aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Just picked up my new 2019 Dodge Challenger SXT w/Blacktop Package. I am looking to add Remote Start to my car from Dodge, however every dealership I call says that my car is not compatible with remote start. I have several friends that have 2016-2018 that have gone this route as well and had remote start installed at the dealer, however when they search via my VIN, no parts show up. I saw on the forms that someone had a similar situation with a Challenger GT, but they were able to find the right part and have the dealer order it. I am coming from GM products and am very accustomed to remote start (especially in the summer). Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
I have a 2019 blacktop sxt as well , it didn't come with the remote start, however i went back to the dealer a couple days after buying it and they added a "karr" alarm system. they were able to set it up with remote start as part of the new alarm system. the alarm system is not great but it works and the remote start works great. to start, you hit lock-unlock-lock. one button would have been nice but i'll take what i can get

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 blacktop sxt as well , it didn't come with the remote start, however i went back to the dealer a couple days after buying it and they added a "karr" alarm system. they were able to set it up with remote start as part of the new alarm system. the alarm system is not great but it works and the remote start works great. to start, you hit lock-unlock-lock. one button would have been nice but i'll take what i can get
How much did the alarm ssystem cost? Having the same issue

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
For what it's worth, I had aftermarket remote starts on every vehicle I've owned from about 1990 or so until my last add on one, on my 2003 Ram 1500. I had problems with every single one of them, and a couple of them were very high end $$$ for the period. They always screwed up when it was super hot or really cold out. Only factory for me, and with Uconnect, my range is pretty much unlimited.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone,

So I’m coming to this three years later but I also have a 2019 Dodge Challenger SXT. After doing some research and looking up the Dodge insulation instructions I believe the reason Dodge tells us we can’t add that particular part two our challengers is because our vehicles don’t have that sales code associated to the vin. All other trims can have remote start added if not added at factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts