Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently acquired a 2010 SE with only 5500 miles on it.
The previous owner has put an R/T badge on it, which I would like to remove.
I haven't looked at it closely yet and I'll be doing that tomorrow. But meanwhile, any tips? I don't want to cause any damage to the grille, and preferably not to the R/T badge itself.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,021 Posts
A heat gun (or a blow dryer will do in a pinch) will be the most effective way to remove the badge. Pop the hood and keep the heat gun about 8-12 inches from the back of the badge (you will probably have to remove the plastic shelf that covers the plenum between the nose and the front of the engine). You might be able to angle the heat gun from the front of the grill too.

Wear canvas gloves to protect your hands, or use pliers (with the teeth wrapped in electricians tape) and direct the heated air behind the badge as you gently work the badge in a semi clockwise/counter-clockwise twisting motion while gently pulling it forward. The adhesive should give in a few seconds and allow you to pull off the badge. Do not keep the heated air directed at your grill for more than a few seconds at a time to prevent damaging the badge or the grill's lattice.

EDIT: Strike the above. I made this way too complicated. I keep forgetting about fishing line! :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuGKPz0RcoI

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Describe "front" ?? are you talking the R/T grille emblem ??? if so you can most likely just reach around emblem and unsnap and push it off , if offending party used the stock one they snap into place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.