Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the R/T badge on the grill of the new widebody scat pack? I asked a couple people at meets, and I was told to just break it off... I really want to get it off in one piece if possible. If anyone has tips let me know, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
767 Posts
I’m going to remove mine shortly. I broke the R/T badge off my other challenger without issue, but this badge is bigger...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m going to remove mine shortly. I broke the R/T badge off my other challenger without issue, but this badge is bigger...
Seems to just be 4-5 push pins holding it on, but there's also a metal plate behind the grille holding it which is a pain. Let me know if you have any luck getting it off!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I would like some opinions on removing the RT badge from the grill of a 19 scat pack and replacing it with a SRT badge. It is my pet peeve that an RT should identify the car as a 5.7l while the SRT badge should be used for any 6.4l engine, whether it is for a scat pack or 392. After all the 6.4l scat Pack and the 392 use the same engine. Added features for adaptive suspension, 6 piston vs 4 piston breaks etc. should not be used for badging. What do you think???

Reactions: Kevin c and mgr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would like some opinions on removing the RT badge from the grill of a 19 scat pack and replacing it with a SRT badge. It is my pet peeve that an RT should identify the car as a 5.7l while the SRT badge should be used for any 6.4l engine, whether it is for a scat pack or 392. After all the 6.4l scat Pack and the 392 use the same engine. Added features for adaptive suspension, 6 piston vs 4 piston breaks etc. should not be used for badging. What do you think???
You’re right, I had the same thought... after chatting with some people in the community, seems like most still consider this upbadging.

·
Registered
767 Posts
How is it upbadging? What’s the difference between the widebody scat pack and an SRT?
That's a very good point. Everything about the WB says it's an SRT (with exception to the R/T on the grille and the splash screen bee) But pretty much everything else screams SRT. Dodge has blurred the lines a bit, at least on the 2019 Scat WB. IMO

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's a very good point. Everything about the WB says it's an SRT (with exception to the R/T on the grille and the splash screen bee) But pretty much everything else screams SRT. Dodge has blurred the lines a bit, at least on the 2019 Scat WB. IMO
Agreed. However, several valid points were made in another thread I started. The response that best illustrates the difference for me is the fact that the only 2019 cars with SRT badges have superchargers. Mine does not.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat
136 Posts
Agreed. However, several valid points were made in another thread I started. The response that best illustrates the difference for me is the fact that the only 2019 cars with SRT badges have superchargers. Mine does not.
I posted this in your other thread.......what does it say on the valve covers underneath the hood on your 2019 WB scatpack?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I posted this in your other thread.......what does it say on the valve covers underneath the hood on your 2019 WB scatpack?
Also - when I fire it up, the screen on my radio says SRT. like I said, lines are a bit blurred here. Not that I'm going to throw an SRT emblem on my car, but these are good points.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat
136 Posts
Also - when I fire it up, the screen on my radio says SRT. like I said, lines are a bit blurred here. Not that I'm going to throw an SRT emblem on my car, but these are good points.
I have no plans to re-badge on my WB scatpack either, but it would only be "upbadging" if you put a Hellcat logo or "supercharged" logo.

what is the difference between the 2019 scatpack and the 2017 "SRT392"?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts