Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Procharged SRT8 6.6L, SHR War Viking Transmission, 15-20 Scatpack Rear, E85, Orange Julius
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Among some of the mods I'm thinking about doing, someone mentioned replacing my OEM hood with either the new scatpack or hellcat hoods (because the air vent is in the front and not on sides). His argument is that I would be able to get more air in which would improve performance. Is it worth it? I have a procharger installed with an intercooler so keeping the engine cool is already there. My air intake is connected directly to the intercooler. Is spending $800+ worth it? How much of an advantage would a hood replacement actually make? Would newer model hoods even fit my car?

09 Challenger with OEM hood

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, the newer hoods will fit your car.
Now as far as better airflow for performance for your pro-charger...I don't think so but the pro's will chime in soon.

·
Registered
2009 Procharged SRT8 6.6L, SHR War Viking Transmission, 15-20 Scatpack Rear, E85, Orange Julius
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the newer hoods will fit your car.
Now as far as better airflow for performance for your pro-charger...I don't think so but the pro's will chime in soon.
That's good. I'm glad my options aren't limited.

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
1,423 Posts
Since the ProCharger sits roughly in the area normally occupied by the airbox, which is where the air is directed to from the hood, I'm not real sure you could make it work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since the ProCharger sits roughly in the area normally occupied by the airbox, which is where the air is directed to from the hood, I'm not real sure you could make it work.
I could see wanting to just get more air in overall to minimize work required since it has an opening in the front in addition to on both sides but I just couldn't see the performance gains.

Reactions: dynaraton

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
i don't think there would be any performance gains from the 2 side vents. other than venting out underhood heat. which is good thing. my concern, which you have probably noticed, is if the procharger sits there, you wouldn't want any water splashing on it. either way, the hood looks fantastic on your ride

Reactions: enemy_numb1

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,684 Posts
What hood do they use on the Super Stock ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts