Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on this battery for my 2019 Dodge Challenger rt?

Attachments

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,323 Posts
Any opinions on this battery for my 2019 Dodge Challenger rt?
Do you need one already, the last 2 Dodges , 1 Challenger and one Charger went over 5 years and my current Challenger is over 5 years. I am considering either a Die Hard or Wal-Mart AGM they are both made by Johnson Controls the Walmart has a longer warranty and is quite a bit less.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you need one already, the last 2 Dodges , 1 Challenger and one Charger went over 5 years and my current Challenger is over 5 years. I am considering either a Die Hard or Wal-Mart AGM they are both made by Johnson Controls the Walmart has a longer warranty and is quite a bit less.
Yea I don’t know if it’s because my air suspension and my Drone tracking system draw a lot while the car is on/off combined with the fact I only drive the car maybe once a week or every other week. I don’t have the ability to add a trickle charger or I would

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
37,287 Posts
I don't believe that Optima batteries are ventilated (hose hooked to the battery & run out under the car). Any gas that escapes from the battery would be confined in your trunk & could be corrosive or flammable.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Optima batteries are over priced and will get you no advantage.
The only battery that offers any advantage is a Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery that is super light and some bracket racers use them to shave every pound they can find.
-John

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
I just got a U1 size battery from Sam's club for $29.00 plus a $10.00 core charge. Its for my tractor. I really needed a BCI 151 battery but nobody had one. The U1 is a little shorter but still works perfect. 50 Less CCA's but no big deal.
-John

·
Premium Member
19,413 Posts
A few years ago, I bought the AGM replacement from Advance Auto with 850 CCA. They had a 20% discount if you ordered it on line and picked it up at the store.
Suggestion to anyone replacing their battery : Lay a thin rag / towel around the battery area to block the small crevices in the trunk.Although its a million to one shot,you can drop a nut,washer etc. in those areas. No need to ask me how I know this.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,509 Posts
When the stock battery died on my 2013 R/T, I bought this Diehard Platinum AGM Battery, (Group Size H7, 850 CCA) from Advanced Auto. Six months later I traded the R/T in for a 2015 Hellcat. Part of my very limited negotiations included a battery swap from the R/T to the Hellcat so I could keep my Diehard.

Includes the vent tubes and with more 120 CCA than stock, my cat fires up with a roar every time. :D
Gadget Musical instrument Material property Audio equipment Font

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,323 Posts
Look familiar, hmmmm
Font Musical instrument accessory Electronic device Gadget Multimedia

Gadget Musical instrument Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory Font

1 - 15 of 15 Posts