Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaning heavy into replacing my stock mufflers with Lawson Insynerators (TGO's great recommendation) and I know that I need 2.25 inch, but what I'm confused with is what inlet/outlet positions do I need? Offset/offset or center/offset?

Thanks for the help...this is all new to me. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
When you say mufflers are you talking about the center of the car, or the muffler/resonators at the rear of the car?

In the case of the Challenger if you're using small mufflers then offset/offset (with the offset on the same side for inlet/outlet) should work for the rear. Center/center should work for the middle of the car. But, this will depend on muffler size and how exactly the shop is planning to weld them in.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about the center muffler's...leaving the resonator's in. The muffler's themselves are 4 x 9 body, 17 inch overall length.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah I would think that a muffler shop should be able to make center/center orientation work then, but maybe you could let them look at it first. For the record, you probably won't hear a lot of difference going that route with your exhaust. It's amazing how much noise the rear resonators/mufflers kill. I pesonally don't believe anything a guy does to the center mufflers will change the sound a whole lot. Probably a little, but not a lot. Bad thing is if you remove the rears it'll start to drone like mad.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the help. Yeah, resonator's are going nowhere. I don't want to deal with any drone. I'm not looking to make it loud, just a little more tone to it when I get on the gas. If I could afford a Solo system I would, but that's not in the cards right now.

·
Registered
416 Posts
redwing give me a couple days for it to first stop raining then second warm back up and I will tell you the offset . I am not 100% on this but I think the inlet is center then but I think the outlet was offset. I know mine tuck up nicely just in front of the rear end . Like I said when mother nature stops being a B*tch I'll look for you.maybe even a picture.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just remove the center mufflers and leave the resonators, you will be very happy with the sound, I did
You have a 5.7 Redwing has a 3.6 big big difference. I tried removing the mufflers just running the resonators and it sounded like a pis**d off honda.

As far as the sound yeah it changes it a bit and with time as the resonators get age or " burn out " the sound gets more noticeable.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
redwing give me a couple days for it to first stop raining then second warm back up and I will tell you the offset . I am not 100% on this but I think the inlet is center then but I think the outlet was offset. I know mine tuck up nicely just in front of the rear end . Like I said when mother nature stops being a B*tch I'll look for you.maybe even a picture.
Thanks TGO! I really appreciate your time. I understand about the weather...it's snowing up here today! :smiledown:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sunday here it was low to mid 80's, rained most of the day yesterday, Challenger has snow on it as I type this.
Gotta love Kentucky in April!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We got about an inch and a half of snow late afternoon/evening yesterday. It's like Christmas this morning...grrrr. Oh well, it will melt fast, hopefully. The winter that never ends!

·
Registered
416 Posts
center in , off set out. 2.25 both ways.

Reactions: redwings19

·
Registered
416 Posts
center in , off set out. 2.25 both ways.
umm I just spoke with my exhaust man David and I stand corrected. They are offset on both sides front and back.Where the front of the mufflers fit up in the body plus the height of the car plus my wife being such a good cook....well you know . But there it is offset in and out .

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
umm I just spoke with my exhaust man David and I stand corrected. They are offset on both sides front and back.Where the front of the mufflers fit up in the body plus the height of the car plus my wife being such a good cook....well you know . But there it is offset in and out .
Perfect! Again, thanks for going over and above to help me out. :smileup: :rep:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts