Dodge Challenger Forum banner

261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT Shaker (5.7L, 6 speed manual)
88 Posts
I think it was engine masters that did a You Tube engine DYNO test, with straight parallel duals, a H pipe setup, and an X pipe setup, they used the same mufflers in their test. Both the H and X pipe showed increased performance over just straight parallel dual exhaust, but the X pipe setup was actually quieter, it seemed the X pipe had a noise canceling effect. The performance between the H and X pipe were so close that it did not make much of a difference between the 2, but if they were after their exhaust sounding better that may be why they went with the H pipe. Your performance should be impressive with that new exhaust setup, what exhaust brand is that, and how much clearance did you have from the driveshaft?
I’m happy with the performance, although the engine is still stock so the main benefit is the sound! Brand is Solo Performance, they make some great systems. With the MR2 resonator center section there’s plenty of clearance - I’m not so sure I would have had clearance with the single muffler but I may be able to measure and see. If anyone is ordering the catback I’d go straight for the MR2, sounds better and I can verify it has clearance on a 2015+ Manual trans challenger.

One other note - during install I had a brief “uh oh” moment, as my gap at the transmission CV was over 5”, and the sticker on the driveshaft specified 4” or so - turns out the spec on the sticker was for the auto setup, the sheet the driveshaft came with specified a gap in the 5” range for manual trans, I think 5.25”-5.75” which mine was within.

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I’m happy with the performance, although the engine is still stock so the main benefit is the sound! Brand is Solo Performance, they make some great systems. With the MR2 resonator center section there’s plenty of clearance - I’m not so sure I would have had clearance with the single muffler but I may be able to measure and see. If anyone is ordering the catback I’d go straight for the MR2, sounds better and I can verify it has clearance on a 2015+ Manual trans challenger.
I cannot find that H pipe SOLO setup you have at the SOLO website?

Reactions: MSchoo92

·
Registered
88 Posts
I cannot find that H pipe SOLO setup you have at the SOLO website?
its not listed, I believe it’s what’s used on the charger but modified for challenger. If you talk to Steve at Solo he’ll be able to help you, if and when you email them just explain you want the resonator center section and that you’re running the 4” aluminum driveshaft.

I definitely recommend them for anyone looking for a good exhaust without drone, they use a j-pipe (Helmholtz chamber) which cancels out drone frequencies and is adjustable. Another kit to check out would be magnaflows new x mod catback, it came out recently and also makes use of j-pipes for drone cancelling.

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
its not listed, I believe it’s what’s used on the charger but modified for challenger. If you talk to Steve at Solo he’ll be able to help you, if and when you email them just explain you want the resonator center section and that you’re running the 4” aluminum driveshaft.

I definitely recommend them for anyone looking for a good exhaust without drone, they use a j-pipe (Helmholtz chamber) which cancels out drone frequencies and is adjustable. Another kit to check out would be magnaflows new x mod catback, it came out recently and also makes use of j-pipes for drone cancelling.
I am already running the Magnaflow Competition Cat Back system and it has the X crossover but sometimes I wish it was a little louder and the H pipe SOLO setup looks really good, that is why I was investigating into it as possibly a Christmas item to toss at my wife. But unfortunately me getting the 4" Aluminum driveshaft has probably already killed that Christmas splurge! :confused:

So I'll probably lower my Christmas expectations to getting 2 Pirelli 295s for the rear? Maybe?

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
The single driveshaft does have an effect on power to the rear, yesterday I moderately accelerated and it spun the tires when it changed to 2nd gear, it had not been doing that with that low of an accelerator pedal usage. I know my Challenger and how it responds to amounts of acceleration, That is new!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The single driveshaft does have an effect on power to the rear, yesterday I moderately accelerated and it spun the tires when it changed to 2nd gear, it had not been doing that with that low of an accelerator pedal usage. I know my Challenger and how it responds to amounts of acceleration, That is new!
after driving more today I can concur with this - I took off from a light moderately aggressive but not dumping clutch or anything, and to my surprise I got some tire spin when I took off. I would imagine the guys taking it down the 1/4 mile will notice the most!

261 - 266 of 266 Posts