Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RWHP=463.3 RWTQ=456.1
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a few minutes of highway driving, I glanced over to the unit's display to check the time and noticed that the clock wasn't displaying on the 730N's screen. I then glanced at the bottom of the speedometer (where evic read out is located) and noticed that the display read HDD 0. I thought that was odd because the unit wasn't turned on. Went to push the button to turn it on and nothing. Unit didn't power up. Nothing on the display lit up.

In looking back I'm wondering if the unit wasn't beginning to fail last weekend when the face plate started opening on its own (I didn't push the open/close button to insert a cd)

I haven't pulled the unit, but I'm wondering if the unit didn't die (as opposed to any wires being disconnected). It's not the fuse as moonroof unit works as does other electronics (fan, heated seats). Has any one else experience this problem? Any ideas other than replacing the entire unit? This is very aggravating because my R/T is a weekend driver with very few miles and little radio use.

Thanks in advance.....

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,452 Posts
I'd advise pulling the negative battery cable off for about 10 minutes to see if it may reset the electronics. Some have reported that this has help on some of the weird problems. It can't hurt and it won't cost you anything to try. Good Luck!

Reactions: MoparDude

·
RWHP=463.3 RWTQ=456.1
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot

·
Registered
223 Posts
radio

Sorry to hear about your radio , let us know what happens I have the same rer system.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I had my battery go dead last week. after charging my radio did the same thing. I unplugged the mygig, plugged the stock harness back in and the radio turned on. I then plugged the mygig back up and it is working fine.

·
RWHP=463.3 RWTQ=456.1
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions, but it appears the battery is good but the unit is dead. I tried disconnecting the negative cable from the battery and waiting 15 minutes, hooking it back up but still no luck. The next day, I then tried pulling the 36 fuse (trunk compartment) waiting another 15 minutes, reinserting the fuse and still nothing. I again let the car overnight and tried a third time the next evening, pulling both the fuse then the cable and nada. I even pulled the unit out, disconnected/reconnected the units cables....

I found a place via the web which repairs theses types of units. I'm calling them tomorrow morning to see. Repair is still cheaper than replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts