Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this post is already out there, but has anyone performed a resonator delete on their RT/Plus/classic? Is the exhaust note pretty noticeabe in the cabin? I saw some videos and love the sound of the exhaust but I don't care to hear a constant drone while driving my baby. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Others will chime in who went that route. If money isn't an object check out the Corsa Xtreme.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I initially just deleted the Resonators on my R/T....wasn't loud enough, so I added DynoMax's. I have an Auto like you, so yeah....drone at 1500rpms, BUT, if you drive in AutoStick Mode (like I do all the time)...there is absolutely no drone.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Solo Mach X system is said to have little to no drone as well. They run about 300-400 bucks cheaper than the Corsa Extreme. Personally I like the sound of the Corsa a bit better but the Solo Mach X is a real good sounding system at a very good price.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm going today to have the mid mufflers deleted. I wanted just a nice rumble and NO drone. Muffler guy recommends starting here and see how I like it. Can go forward if not satisfied.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,532 Posts
Most of the opinions here are the resonators delete produces drone on the automatic cars.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I would leave the resonators and cut the mufflers in the middle and see how you like that first. If you cut the resonators you will get drone in an auto.

Reactions: dag5246

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Keep us posted on your progress!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I want my exhaust to sound louder but dont want any drone. Just replacing the mufflers with cherry bombs/ flowmaster mufflers will it sound louder? Will there ba any drone if I just install new mufflers? Thanks for anyones input.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
Do the mid muffler delete and save up for a Corsa or Solo system and only do exhaust once. There are so many varying opinions and likes and dislikes and regrets an on and on. I did the mid muffler delete and like it but will end up going with the solo system once the funds become available. IMO

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
I just had BBK Headers put on my car along with the Blastin Bob's MFCE perforated core glass packs. Nasty Drone! So I started thinking... Turns out that the rectangular stainless tips the challenger uses is the problem. The sound aims down and echos under the car. I went to my local muffler shop that has dies to make ball and socket exhaust joints and I added 4" to the extension so that the shiny chrome/stainless is beyond the lower valence that hangs off the bumper. The drone is gone. That's all I had to do.
I was suspicious because my Brother has a Mustang with Catalytic converters only off the headers and the only noise you hear is behind the car. He has 3" round pipes that extend 6" beyond the rear bumper. No noise can echo underneath.
So anyway, there is a fix if you don't mind having the pipes not flush with the car body.

-John

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just had BBK Headers put on my car along with the Blastin Bob's MFCE perforated core glass packs. Nasty Drone! So I started thinking... Turns out that the rectangular stainless tips the challenger uses is the problem. The sound aims down and echos under the car. I went to my local muffler shop that has dies to make ball and socket exhaust joints and I added 4" to the extension so that the shiny chrome/stainless is beyond the lower valence that hangs off the bumper. The drone is gone. That's all I had to do.
I was suspicious because my Brother has a Mustang with Catalytic converters only off the headers and the only noise you hear is behind the car. He has 3" round pipes that extend 6" beyond the rear bumper. No noise can echo underneath.
So anyway, there is a fix if you don't mind having the pipes not flush with the car body.

-John
Thanks John, sometimes you just have to be creative

1 - 20 of 39 Posts