Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,516 Posts
Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,516 Posts
MotorCity Mechanic on you tube has a nice video.

Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So after receiving my results after a tune by a local shop I have numbers. They are CF:STD corrected for temp/humidity. It was in the upper 90s the week I dropped the car off.

Measured at the rear wheels:

Max Power = 369.74 @ 6440 RPM
Max Torque = 310.43 @ 5560 RPM
Max Boost = 8.96 @v6680 RPM

Ripp likes to advertise that "...with a RIPP Supercharger installed we safely squeezed 425WHP+ and 360ft/lbs** of Torque on a factory 3.6 Pentastar." From reading around, I knew going into this the boost levels were going to be around 8-9, and therefore would not be a 450RWHP beast. What they maxed out at is not how the kit comes. They don't mention how they squeezed it out either.
One calculator says you lose ~15% HP with a rear wheel drive as compared to the crank. Working backwards, that equates to about 435HP at the crank (435-15%=369.75). So a 130 HP increase, effectively.
After the tune, I have been able to get a 0-60 the same as with the RIPP tune. The best 0-60 is 5.0sec right now (still with some tire slippage), in really hot weather (85 deg+) and with 1/2 to full tanks of gas. I figured I would be under 5, but hot weather robs HP.
My graph is really jagged/sawtoothed. Not exactly happy with the tune, yet.

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
1,877 Posts
So after receiving my results after a tune by a local shop I have numbers. They are CF:STD corrected for temp/humidity. It was in the upper 90s the week I dropped the car off.

Measured at the rear wheels:

Max Power = 369.74 @ 6440 RPM
Max Torque = 310.43 @ 5560 RPM
Max Boost = 8.96 @v6680 RPM

Ripp likes to advertise that "...with a RIPP Supercharger installed we safely squeezed 425WHP+ and 360ft/lbs** of Torque on a factory 3.6 Pentastar." From reading around, I knew going into this the boost levels were going to be around 8-9, and therefore would not be a 450RWHP beast. What they maxed out at is not how the kit comes. They don't mention how they squeezed it out either.
One calculator says you lose ~15% HP with a rear wheel drive as compared to the crank. Working backwards, that equates to about 435HP at the crank (435-15%=369.75). So a 130 HP increase, effectively.
After the tune, I have been able to get a 0-60 the same as with the RIPP tune. The best 0-60 is 5.0sec right now (still with some tire slippage), in really hot weather (85 deg+) and with 1/2 to full tanks of gas. I figured I would be under 5, but hot weather robs HP.
My graph is really jagged/sawtoothed. Not exactly happy with the tune, yet.
The tune for any engine is not a one size fits all deal. Recommendations are simply starting points as what one engine absolutely thrives on, another nearly identical engine may not like quite as well so it takes a bit of work to make them really happy. You'll get there and that's a good part of the fun. Your current numbers are not half bad either but probably more to be safely found.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts