Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIPP Superchargers Challenger 3.6L V6 Kit

Hello fellow Challenger 3.6L fans,

We are happy to announce the RIPP Supercharger systems are dialed in and ready for field testing. We have pre-production kits in stock that we are going to be deeply discounting for willing testers. We are looking for vehicles to be fitted in our shop for testing/tuning and instruction dial-in.

At this stage the vehicle will be required to be at our facility in NY and cannot ship kits. There are several reasons why we would need them in house.

• Fitment, just in-case there is a difference in your vehicle, we can make the changes in house.
  • Test and tune, we would dyno test your vehicle stock and then boosted to make sure the vehicle are consistent along with supplied tuning.
  • Instructions, help dial in the steps to make it as user friendly as possible when we get ready to ship.

If you are interested in this please PM us and we will explain the details.

Discounted kits will follow this testing - BUT we have to get past this first.

First a little teaser on what we have going on for the Charger 3.6L V6

We are looking for both 5 speed and 8 speed vehicles from 2011 to 2015

Thank you for your help!

RIPP

·
Registered
553 Posts
I would love to have this....

·
Registered
71 Posts
So Jelly. I really wish this kinda stuff would be available in Canada (specifically Vancouver, BC). You 'Muricans get all the good stuff! s'not fair!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a BETA tester. The tune has already been matured with our wrangler program which was released in 2013. We need to confirm fit over different model years and slight changes that were made. This is an EXCELLENT chance to give your 3.6L V6 the same power as a 6.4L 392!

·
Registered
553 Posts
How much psi boost does this have?
Are any forged internals needed?
Just asking for myself and anyone else curious.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much psi boost does this have?
Are any forged internals needed?
Just asking for myself and anyone else curious.
This system will be 8psi so no forged internal will be necessary. To date we have sold close to 3000 3.6L Supercharged Jeep Wranglers with no reported issues at those power levels. this System for the LX platfor has been developed from our Wrangler program.

Sweet! Wish I lived in NY...

Any pricing estimates once released? Similar to the Jeeps?
There will be an introductory sale after our BETA test is completed. Then, pricing will fall in line with our outher 3.6L Kits.

RIPP

·
Registered
11 Posts
There will be an introductory sale after our BETA test is completed. Then, pricing will fall in line with our other 3.6L Kits.

RIPP
This excites me! I'll be keeping an eye on this. Any ETA on when that would be?

Would the kit be a complete kit? Or what else would be required?
Unlocked PCM & Tuner required or included?

Average install time?

No worries if you can't answer these quite yet, I understand.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This excites me! I'll be keeping an eye on this. Any ETA on when that would be?

Would the kit be a complete kit? Or what else would be required?
Unlocked PCM & Tuner required or included?

Average install time?

No worries if you can't answer these quite yet, I understand.
It would be a complete bolt on system, though 2015 and 2016 vehicle will probably need an ECU swap. Otherwise just hand tools will be needed for the install, everything else will be in the box.

RIPP

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is definitely on my mind! I have decided to keep my 2011 for the long term and I'm ready to add some power. I can't wait to hear more on what price point this is going to fall in to.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Are there any issues with super chargers being used on a car during the winter? My car is a daily driver in the Chicago land area used year round.

·
Registered
553 Posts
While looking around online, I found some info at the Vortec website. Under waranty exclusions, it says to not cold start the engine under 25 degrees without an aftermarket engine block heater.
I think that just killed me dead in my hopes of getting a supercharger, as I drive year-round in Chicago weather.:(

1 - 20 of 134 Posts