Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2012 3.6 Challenger. These Challengers have that number two cylinder problem. Should I be concerned with the extra boost with your supercharger?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have a 2012 3.6 Challenger. These Challengers have that number two cylinder problem. Should I be concerned with the extra boost with your supercharger?
From our understanding, there were only a minimum number of vehicles affected in 2012 by the head issue. None of our 2012 Wrangler Kit owners have reported the problem.

·
Registered
665 Posts
How does your product perform/ what precautions are needed for winter driving?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How does your product perform/ what precautions are needed for winter driving?
Our Jeep customers in Alaska utilize a small heater element, similar to a pipe warmer for houses to ensure proper operation on sub zero nights. To date we have less than <1% failure rate in close to 5000 kits sold.

www.rippmods.com look at our product line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a 2012 challenger 3.6 how does this kit work with the 5 speed transmission? do i need any modifications for my car to run reliably? and also how does this kit compare to the other superchargers?

·
Registered
28 Posts
From our understanding, there were only a minimum number of vehicles affected in 2012 by the head issue. None of our 2012 Wrangler Kit owners have reported the problem.
I just talked to my Dodge Service guy hope I trust. He said with that head issue on the 2012 he does not think its a good ideal to supercharge it. I am very disappointed, because I was really thinking of doing this.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Yeah I remember speaking with a Dodge mechanic, a friend of my brothers. He said there were major issue with the left head which wasn't corrected until late 2013.
I would also be very sceptical.

·
Registered
6 Posts
RIPP Superchargers Challenger 3.6L V6 Kit

Hello fellow Challenger 3.6L fans,

We are happy to announce the RIPP Supercharger systems are dialed in and ready for field testing. We have pre-production kits in stock that we are going to be deeply discounting for willing testers. We are looking for vehicles to be fitted in our shop for testing/tuning and instruction dial-in.

At this stage the vehicle will be required to be at our facility in NY and cannot ship kits. There are several reasons why we would need them in house.

• Fitment, just in-case there is a difference in your vehicle, we can make the changes in house.
  • Test and tune, we would dyno test your vehicle stock and then boosted to make sure the vehicle are consistent along with supplied tuning.
  • Instructions, help dial in the steps to make it as user friendly as possible when we get ready to ship.

If you are interested in this please PM us and we will explain the details.

Discounted kits will follow this testing - BUT we have to get past this first.

First a little teaser on what we have going on for the Charger 3.6L V6

We are looking for both 5 speed and 8 speed vehicles from 2011 to 2015

Thank you for your help!

RIPP
When will this be available? I beleave there's one already for the 3.6 but only shown for the jeep or darango!

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
So have you gotten a beta Challenger tester yet?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am very interested in this upgrade and any stage of your beta program. I have a 2014 with 45k miles, K&N CAI and HF Tune.i would drive it there, leave it and fly home and back, if needed...

21 - 40 of 134 Posts