Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Def interested in this down the road. Hope it will also fit the 2017.

Do I need to have a CAI system first ? Anything else ?

I can work on those things while I save up for this !

·
Registered
665 Posts
Good question about the CAI...Is the Hellcat mod enough with a highflow filter? Does the exhaust need to be changed?

Reactions: sdr2711

·
Registered
2 Posts
I emailed them and they said they were 3 weeks out until the next batch of testers. But now I can't get a reply how to apply

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update:

I received my RIPPs SDS Kit 08/02/2017 (Wednesday)

It came packaged super professional. Nothing was damaged and everything seemed to stay in place on where it was first laid down.

I installed it myself this past weekend. Definitely took myself longer than 10 hours, but I also was doing the install in a small 1 car apartment garage in this Texas heat. ~20 hours over the weekend as I took my time and took several breaks to rehydrate. I would imagine the 8 to 10 hours install time for a professional at a shop with the proper equipment is accurate.

There were some minor hiccups, but RIPPs has answered all my phone calls without issue. My kit didn't have the vacuum extension for the valve cover intake vent that goes into the stock airbox or the template to make the cut into the upper radiator support. I'll be receiving that extension tomorrow. As far as the template went, they sent me an email with the proper dimensions so I could make my own. So A+ on the support of their system. I understand this was a pre-sale kit and they are working out the kinks.

The kit comes with HP Tuners and 8 credits. VCM Scanner and VCM Editor. And an unlocked PCM for your car.

The immediate power improvement was great. The system sounds sick nasty. And all my buddies are:
1) Impressed with the car
2) Didn't know I knew how to work on cars

In this heat, I could only manage a 6.5 sec 0-60 NA. I dropped down to a 5.3 sec with AutoStick short shifting and some traction slippage off the line. This was in 90* heat as well. I'll take that.

I'm learning tons right now in terms of using the VCM Scanner and properly configuring it to monitor the right sensors (PIDs). One lesson learned is how to properly configure it to read out boost levels properly. You need to setup the VCM Scanner with a User Customer Math parameter to do the calculation. Here in Austin, TX the MAP reads 13.9 PSI as the barometer setting (before the engine cranks - highly important note). Subtracting that from the live MAP sensor PSI reading will give you your boost level. I had this initially wrong and called RIPPs up wondering why I was seeing lower boost levels. **Palms forehead**

I have a boost gauge (to verify boost levels and make sure it matches up with my data logging), wideband gauge, and dual pillar pod on the way. After this weekend, my car should be all buttoned back up and ready to hit the dyno for power readings.

Overall I'd say the kit is a success and definitely has me grinning ear to ear.

I'll update later with my dyno results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update:

It came packaged super professional. Nothing was damaged and everything seemed to stay in place on where it was first laid down.

I installed it myself this past weekend. Definitely took myself longer than 10 hours, but I also was doing the install in a small 1 car apartment garage in this Texas heat. ~20 hours over the weekend as I took my time and took several breaks to rehydrate. I would imagine the 8 to 10 hours install time for a professional at a shop with the proper equipment is accurate.

There were some minor hiccups, but RIPPs has answered all my phone calls without issue. My kit didn't have the vacuum extension for the valve cover intake vent that goes into the stock airbox or the template to make the cut into the upper radiator support. I'll be receiving that extension tomorrow. As far as the template went, they sent me an email with the proper dimensions so I could make my own. So A+ on the support of their system. I understand this was a pre-sale kit and they are working out the kinks.

The kit comes with HP Tuners and 8 credits. VCM Scanner and VCM Editor. And an unlocked PCM for your car.

The immediate power improvement was great. The system sounds sick nasty. And all my buddies are:

In this heat, I could only manage a 6.5 sec 0-60 NA. I dropped down to a 5.3 sec with AutoStick short shifting and some traction slippage off the line. This was in 90* heat as well. I'll take that.

I'm learning tons right now in terms of using the VCM Scanner and properly configuring it to monitor the right sensors (PIDs). One lesson learned is how to properly configure it to read out boost levels properly. You need to setup the VCM Scanner with a User Customer Math parameter to do the calculation. Here in Austin, TX the MAP reads 13.9 PSI as the barometer setting (before the engine cranks - highly important note). Subtracting that from the live MAP sensor PSI reading will give you your boost level. I had this initially wrong and called RIPPs up wondering why I was seeing lower boost levels. **Palms forehead**

I have a boost gauge (to verify boost levels and make sure it matches up with my data logging), wideband gauge, and dual pillar pod on the way. After this weekend, my car should be all buttoned back up and ready to hit the dyno for power readings.

What year is your challenger ?
Update:

What year is your challenger?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info!
I have been seriously considering buying the Ripp kit but have had doubts about doing the install myself. I consider myself a novice as far as mechanics go. I have been turned down by several shops to even consider the install.
I live at Canyon Lake, not far from Austin.. would love to take a peek at your kit one day and chat about the difficulty level of the install.

Update:

121 - 134 of 134 Posts