windows at the same time. To use this feature, press and
release the UNLOCK button on the transmitter and then
immediately press and hold the UNLOCK button until
the windows lower to the level desired or until they​
lower completely.

Reactions: UP3985
#27 ·
Verification of Theory proceeds.....

Very cool, I read a lot of my owners manual when I first got my car but have forgot alot of the features it has. Also I dont drive mine every day, once a week on average, obviously a little more when it's nice(spring, summer), so I enjoy re-learning things on here rather than going out and looking at my owners manual. Thanks BigSnake!! and Latenite1 both.
Thank You ROB!@

Another vote on perhaps WHY you should may the Challenger Owners
Manual A DESKTOP ICON.....! You won't have to log on here to ask a
question about why your windshield wipers don't work when you turn
on your head lights..... ?

Or vice versa... :D

Then you have more time to find out what Chrome wheels will look
the best on that Challenger you have...

#28 ·
Directions ???

I enjoy learning from participating, hands on. Besides its more interesting and retain-able coming from Big Snake. But, I did down load all 3 Owner's Manuel's for my fleet of Hemi's. Any of you Ram Owners 2006, 2007, 2008 I have a .PDF Factory Service Manuel in its entirety. Over 6000 pages. Wished I could locate one for the Charger and Challenger.
Thanks for the web link. :4-wavey:

#29 ·
I too read my manual and love the feature but just cannot get it to work regularly? While my FOB works at great distance to unlock the doors it will not lower the windows unless I'm quite close to the car and then no matter how hard I push or how long I hold it works only sometimes and rarely all the way down and only when close to the car. Anybody else have this issue?

#33 ·
Battery replacement and important warnings

Question about the FOB Battery replacement: How to you reprogram the FOB (if necessary) after replacing the battery? If there's a thread on this, I apologize. I plead the fifth for being a "newbie"...heh heh.
rdrnr1963;

Everything you need to know about this and the important warning(s)
are at this link below;

Challenger Tips'n Tricks # 49

Also, go to the top of the page and note the rest of the info that a new
Challenger owner might be interested in later on.

:D

#35 ·
Thanks for the info. My R/T is black so that feature will come in handy this summer as at doesn's have remote start.

#37 ·
Express down now called Remote Open?

For those that have not seen this yet !

Express Down Window Feature

This feature allows you to remotely lower both front door
release the UNLOCK button on the transmitter and then
immediately press and hold the UNLOCK button until
the windows lower to the level desired or until they
lower completely.
2011 SRT Owners Manual - pg 25

Remote Open Window Feature

This feature allows you to remotely lower both door
release the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter and
then immediately press and hold the UNLOCK button
until the windows lower to the level desired or until they
lower completely.

Section: THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE

:smileup:

#38 ·
I tried this on my '12 R/T several times. No go. Might I need to go into the EVIC menu to enable this feature?

#40 ·
I tried this on my '12 R/T several times. No go. Might I need to go into the EVIC menu to enable this feature?
Should not need to go into the EVIC to operate this feature.

Same here, I sure did feel silly looking out my window trying to do this while locking and unlocking to reset it:4-dontknow:
Assuming the battery is good and you're not too far away,try pausing for 1/2 second before pressing and holding down the unlock button on the transmitter the second time.

#44 ·
Still a no-go for me. Tried both Fob's I have. 10 feet away. The next time I have it in to the dealer (for cracked rocker panel and warping) I'll mention it to them.

#45 ·
Still a no-go for me. Tried both Fob's I have. 10 feet away. The next time I have it in to the dealer (for cracked rocker panel and warping) I'll mention it to them.
Hyperhad,
Here is a link to Latenite's Tips and Tricks.Take a look at tip #107 which describes a procedure to clean out the FOB of possible loose residue which can cause issues. I'm sure others will respond with additional advise.
http://www.sequentialtaillights.com/dodge/Top Challenger Tips and Tricks.htm#ChallTip107

#49 ·
Bigsnake, you keep posting the great info you post, Id rather read your posts and retain them than spend an hour with a magnifying glass and try to find something in the manual! Thank You:smileup:
Thanks, it's my understanding on the 11,12,13 models the express down feature is not applicable.

#51 ·
Funny I had acouple of Dealer Techs that said you were supposed to also be able to roll up the windows, along with controling the sunroof, and supposedly the exterior drivers door lock was also supposed to be able to do all the above with the Valet/Blade Key... Never got a chance to play with one long enough to try it out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.