Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had the chance to put Artie on a Road course and enjoy it for a few laps. It was a busy day with a lot of first timers and some incidents but it still gave me good indications of future modifications needed to spend more time on road course.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
You were at ICAR ? I know that track well. I installed Bwoody sway bar links ,front and rear, also droped the car with a Mopar stage one kit, the car is much stiffer than before. I also put larger wheels in the back for more traction. Thes mods are easy and not to costly. You can also add a full sway bar kit(bigger) to help even more. The Hellcat sway bars are bigger, there are a few brands that offer good quality kit for our cars.

And maybe put braided brakes lines for more stopping power.That is one of my next mod.

·
Premium Member
19,187 Posts
Two observations :
1. That looks like a lot of fun.
2. It doesn't look like that was your first rodeo. You handled the car well.

What kind of speeds did you attain ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You were at ICAR ? I know that track well. I installed Bwoody sway bar links ,front and rear, also droped the car with a Mopar stage one kit, the car is much stiffer than before. I also put larger wheels in the back for more traction. Thes mods are easy and not to costly. You can also add a full sway bar kit(bigger) to help even more. The Hellcat sway bars are bigger, there are a few brands that offer good quality kit for our cars.

And maybe put braided brakes lines for more stopping power.That is one of my next mod.
Yes, Icar. You lap your Hellcat there on wednesday? How about you sell me your stock helcat sway bars?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two observations :
1. That looks like a lot of fun.
2. It doesn't look like that was your first rodeo. You handled the car well.

What kind of speeds did you attain ?
Thanks man! Its always fun to toss around our big dogs...I've been lapping since 2010 about 4 or 5 hours of track time each year but it was the first time with Artie my Challenger and I wasn't desappointed.

I got to 84mph this first time. Top spped in my Camaro SS was 107mph, its not a very long strait.
Thanks for watching.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,487 Posts
Great Video! Looks like a blast... Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,308 Posts
I enjoyed watching.Yes, thank you for sharing this with us.

Reactions: HEMike

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I went to Circuit Du Mont-Tremblant a few times for lapping, i do prefer that track, the barrier are further away from the track and you have more room if you ever make a mistake. I still have my stock sway bar, i just know that the Hellcat ones are larger than on the R/T .

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I am making a list of the mods i want/need to make, first, the braided lines, second, probably an Harness bar an 4 point harness belt. I might also modifies my rear diffuser or change it. I also need to finish my rear spoiler. After that, the car should be ready for some road course action.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am making a list of the mods i want/need to make, first, the braided lines, second, probably an Harness bar an 4 point harness belt. I might also modifies my rear diffuser or change it. I also need to finish my rear spoiler. After that, the car should be ready for some road course action.
Right, Having a mod list is the fun part, obviously you start a bit further down my list having a Hellcat!
I'm looking at brakes first, then suspension.

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8
4,461 Posts
Thanks for posting that event. I'd love to give it a go sometime.
I could learn a thing or two from you.:D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for posting that event. I'd love to give it a go sometime.
I could learn a thing or two from you.:D
Thanks for watching. next year I will have more footage and track event. Stay tune!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts