Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove from Columbia to Austin yesterday set it on cruise most of the way and got this MPG. I'm happy. RT Auto, gas mileage is still a question when buying an RT? :smileup:

Attachments

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,405 Posts
Same here. Road trip to Wyoming was a little over 400 miles. Got 28 mpg. with 91 octane pure gas!

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Very nice coming from a Hemi. Power when you want/need it and conserving when you don't.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Unfortunately I drive in AutoStick Mode all the time, so my numbers don't look as good.

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
The majority of my driving is freeway and country highway with very little city - stop & go - driving. I've had my MDS turned off for a few years and drive in auto stick 100% of the time. My running average is 22.5 - 22.7 MPG............and that includes jumping on it whenever possible to get that chirp between 1st & 2nd at take-offs where I have a clear path...........In the 'old days' a car with this much power was lucky to get 12-14 MPG highway!!! No complaints from me!!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I did drive mine, last year, 630 miles from Kiln, MS. to Dallas, TX. Got 27.5 MPG and did not use the Auto Stick.

·
Registered
444 Posts
All of these post are great news to me, I have yet to take my baby on a road trip but when I do I will be pleased with the results based on my reading..........thanks guys

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well came back and got almost identical mileage! Also got my first speeding ticket in the terrible state of GA. I was speeding for sure but the cop said I was going faster than I was so I'm sure I'll qualify for their crooked "super speeder" racket they are running and have to pay $200 more.

Oh well, life goes on. I shouldn't of been speeding....however I still hate the state of GA.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,405 Posts
Well came back and got almost identical mileage! Also got my first speeding ticket in the terrible state of GA. I was speeding for sure but the cop said I was going faster than I was so I'm sure I'll qualify for their crooked "super speeder" racket they are running and have to pay $200 more.

Oh well, life goes on. I shouldn't of been speeding....however I still hate the state of GA.
Come on over to Wyoming or the sandhills of Nebraska! They do seem to tolerate a little spirited driving! Sorry about the ticket. It is difficult to stay with the speed limit, these cars just drive so amazing at faster speeds (not that I know personally)!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
My Inferno Red Monster averages 24 to 26 mpg on road trips; if I can keep my foot out of tank.

Planning a trip to KC & Chicago (to see the Out-Laws)... I haven't driven the I-35 that far North in a few years. And, I don't look forward to the TOLLWAY that locks you in, with NO exits For miles & miles.

Haven't decided if I will roll in the Chrysler 300 or not, but the 'Cuda Tribute Edition would be my choice if I can get my New camara's in place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts