Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a beautiful day for a road trip! Just needed a routine oil change in Rapid City and lucked out with 65 degree temperatures! Took the first picture on the way up this morning. This route allows you choose your speed limit!
Running errands at K-Mart and was given the OK sign by a nice gentlemen when he saw me driving through the parking lot. After I parked and was walking to the store, he was driving off and shouted how much he liked my car! The next photo is at the Best Buy parking lot. Parked out of the way, next to a Black Charger. The Black Hills are in the background.
Finally I decided to take a different route home. We have many different highways that lead home from Rapid, so it was fun to drive a different way, as I have used this route for a while. The Badlands and very open roads are great for some spirited driving. The last photo is on the wide open prairie with grazing Angus cows in the background. It was an absolutely beautiful day to give the Challenger a run!!

Attachments

Reactions: dodge boy

·
13,007 Posts
Nice pictures Betty, man I wish we could get some of that weather here, its gonna gonna hit 50 today but next week its back to the same old miserable freezing weather again.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Notice that Charger has Hawaii plates did you happen to get a name ? had many Military in our Hawaii car club.
So buy anything at Best Buy ??
Yes, I did!! I bought a new camera! I will be taking more pictures of the area this summer to post. I took quite a few pictures in the Badlands yesterday, but new camera, old computer so I need a software update to post pictures with the new camera.

I didn't see the owner of the car. It was still there when I came out of the store. I was a little amazed at the Hawaii plates. Must be in the military.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Yes, I did!! I bought a new camera! I will be taking more pictures of the area this summer to post. I took quite a few pictures in the Badlands yesterday, but new camera, old computer so I need a software update to post pictures with the new camera.

I didn't see the owner of the car. It was still there when I came out of the store. I was a little amazed at the Hawaii plates. Must be in the military.
Yep been there done that I would bet Air Force bet they are missing Hawaii with the weather you have been having :smileup:
Now this Spring you need to do a photo in Custer State park with Buffalo. :)

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
What a beautiful day for a road trip! Just needed a routine oil change in Rapid City and lucked out with 65 degree temperatures!
Looks awesome! :smileup:

Took the first picture on the way up this morning. This route allows you choose your speed limit!
Must....visit....South....Dakota! :D

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
That was Great being able to get out, Betty! Sounds like you had a BLAST! :smileup:

·
Registered
23,118 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day with some mighty nice weather for this time of year. I've been through your area of South Dakota many times over the years and as you say lot's of miles of nice driving roads. :smileup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.