Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being a participant on Hot Rod Magazines "Power Tour" in 2007 and an attempted participant in 2010 I thought I'd like to see a similar type tour for those of us who want to see our scenic west. The Power Tour as you might know is pretty much always back east or in the midwest and never comes out west except for the 2000/2001 years as I recall. It was huge, crowded but big fun and lots of traffic.

Not finding any tours that were reasonable in cost and small enough to not be overwhelming I started what I call the "Western Scenic Tour". I do not charge any fees and its strictly done for fun and is usually about 6 or 7 days. I set up the food and hotel stops. You enjoy the sights and beauty!

So, if any of you might be interested in a road trip this fall, here is what is planned:
Sept. 7th: Meet/greet in Williams, Az.
Sept. 8th: We take the Grand Canyon Railroad train into the Grand Canyon National Park for the day.
Sept. 9th: Travel to Ca to the town of Lone Pine.
Sept. 10th: Tour Death Valley National Park and Scotty's Castle
Sept. 11th: Travel scenic US 395 to Mono Lake and into Yosemite NP.
Sept. 12th: Tour Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
Sept. 13th: Travel to San Simeon for a tour of Hearst Castle
Sept. 14th: Tour ends at breakfast. Travel home

The only cost is your travel expenses and any fees for the train and castle tours. We have a great time, no attitudes, no politics, all cars/vehicles are welcome! Right now I have about 10 vehicles participating. Everyone welcome. You can find more info on facebook at Western Scenic Tour or send me a message at [email protected]

5 National Parks and 2 Castles in 7 days time! Challengers especially wanted

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump to the top.

So far I have participants from Minnesota, Missouri, Colorado, Kansas, Arizona and California! Come on out and join us!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts