Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking my first road trip from Atlanta to Ohio and need some advice on what I may encounter as it relates to road debris/bugs. I will be traveling at night so I am more than concerned about my front end!! I don't have time to buy a bra so does anyone have any tips/tricks they use while traveling...........thanks ahead of time :kap:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Carry a box of unused dryer sheets. Apply some water to one and use it to easily wipe off splattered bugs. Also, either drop back or quickly pass semis as you come upon them. They tend to kick up a lot of stray rocks.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,475 Posts
Just sent you a PM on taking off those bugs!! Have a great trip!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carry a box of unused dryer sheets. Apply some water to one and use it to easily wipe off splattered bugs. Also, either drop back or quickly pass semis as you come upon them. They tend to kick up a lot of stray rocks.
Thanks coyote, been reading a lot about the dryer sheet trick. Much appreciated :smileup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Watch for the Ohio State Patrol & local-yokals looking for some ez revenue from outta staters. Drive safe & welcome to the Buckeye State!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Also, either drop back or quickly pass semis as you come upon them. They tend to kick up a lot of stray rocks.
Definitely, definitely this. I tend to stay far behind semis, but if you have to pass them take advantage of that Hemi and get by 'em asap! Nothing more frustrating than a nice big nick on your window from a stray rock! Drive safe and enjoy your trip! :smileup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Watch for the Ohio State Patrol & local-yokals looking for some ez revenue from outta staters. Drive safe & welcome to the Buckeye State!
Born and raised in Dayton Ohio, I know all about the speed traps especially in Cincy.......thanks for the warning:smileup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Definitely, definitely this. I tend to stay far behind semis, but if you have to pass them take advantage of that Hemi and get by 'em asap! Nothing more frustrating than a nice big nick on your window from a stray rock! Drive safe and enjoy your trip! :smileup:
Thanks Ninjadave.......I hate semis anyway so its in the plan!!

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
You sure you don't have time to buy a bra? I just bought one for my son's '95 Firebird - a 19 year old car and it was in stock at Auto Zone. Also, there is a spray on (it doesn't harden to form a shield like kind mentioned in an earlier reply) which makes the front a little more slick and easier to wipe of bugs. You'd have to do this every day. Enjoy the ride!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts