Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I took our kids down to the Toledo Zoo today for something fun to do. It's a great drive from Detroit down to Toledo on I-75 so we took the Challenger. Got a few thumbs up and compliments on the way down there and saw quite a few other cleaned up Challengers on the road as well.

When we got there, it was super busy, parking was pretty scarce. They had us parking way out on the grass past the usual parking lots. I thought for sure I'd get stuck with some stupid parking spot. So I pull up to park and the parking attendant guy says..."hey man, this is a really nice car, if you want you can just go park way at the end down there so no one will ding up your car." I was like sweet! So I parked super far away and no one got too close to me. That guy was cool. :smileup:

Pulled up to our spot and this family was getting out of their SUV. The kids came up to my wife and said..."wow we love your car, that's a cool car!".

We had a great time there, the kids loved it, and it was nice doing something outside for a change after the long Michigan winter here.

Just further proof that the Challenger can make an excellent family vehicle!

Here's a few pics from the day...

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
great pics!!! nice way to spend a day with the family and enjoy a drive in the Challenger. :smileup::smileup:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Looked like a fun day, and your car looks great. Thanks for sharing the pics! :smileup:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,587 Posts
Looks like a great family day, thanks for the pictures.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
Great excuse to get the Challenger on the road, fun trip, and photos of a beautiful family. Nice story and thread!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,410 Posts
Very glad you had such a great family day Carl. Thank you for sharing this with us. Your Challenger looks so good, even after all that winter driving!!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Great story Carl! The pictures of your little girls are so cute! What a great family! Glad you guys had fun!:smileup:

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! It was definitely a fun day! Both kids get excited when they get to ride in "Daddy's Dodge", so it's easy taking them places in that car. Combining family time and car time together is always a win-win! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
What a beautiful family you have,Very cute little girls and mom is fantastic too.I always loved going to the zoo when I was young.Glad you had some quality time with your family..Great car too..Reps for you

·
12,989 Posts
Those pictures remind me of the days when my daughters were that age, your a lucky guy Carl!!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, it was a real hoot! Badum ching! Hahaha!

·
Registered
357 Posts
What a great way to have fun with your family and enjoy your ride at the same time. Nice car and lovely family, congrats.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Nice family pixs! I happened to notice no ice cream cones allowed in the back seat?????

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Sounds and looks like a really nice family fun day and a drive in the beautiful Challenger...Moments to treasure !!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice family pixs! I happened to notice no ice cream cones allowed in the back seat?????
Haha no way man, no ice cream cones back there! I always take their shoes off too so they don't scuff up the backs of my front seats haha!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Haha no way man, no ice cream cones back there! I always take their shoes off too so they don't scuff up the backs of my front seats haha!
Ha ha, that's funny. When my boys were little and we would go to classic Chevy conventions with the '55, or other places, it was always "Shoes Off" as well and sheets to cover the seats during the trip.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts