Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,235 Posts
John I think there is a 5 year rust through warranty.
LOL! Should be 10 years for SoCal, maybe 20 years for AZ. Rust can't be a problem for Challengers in Arizona when rain evaporates inches from the ground and immerses your car in the equivalent of a steam cleaning? ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would suggest going over your lifetime extended warranty paperwork thoroughly. Usually found in the warranty exception section, rust threw issues are limited to the new car warranty of 5 years or 50,000 miles. My repairs consisted of two new FCA rear quarter panels and the latest rust preventive measures and procedures. My repair warranty is 2 years or 24,000 miles.
I will re-read that section. But, I am pretty sure the FCA lifetime "bumper to bumper" warranty has it covered.

Besides, the only time my Challenger see's water is when I wash it. So I hope I never ever have the rust issue on my garage queen.

Knock on wood :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Took my 2010 b5 rt to body shop last Thursday to have rust repaired, stopped in today to look at progress, they said that the metal was still solid so they didn’t patch, they removed all foam(actually saved in a plastic bag- full), then treated inner qtr with a rust inhibitor, now in progress of repairing paint bubbles and prepping both doors so they can blend the paint, should be done by next week, the manager also told me that he guarantees this fix, so total price will be less than the 2800.00 quoted

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Took my 2010 b5 rt to body shop last Thursday to have rust repaired, stopped in today to look at progress, they said that the metal was still solid so they didn’t patch, they removed all foam(actually saved in a plastic bag- full), then treated inner qtr with a rust inhibitor, now in progress of repairing paint bubbles and prepping both doors so they can blend the paint, should be done by next week, the manager also told me that he guarantees this fix, so total price will be less than the 2800.00 quoted
Well, just my opinion,Just passing information to you, from a guy that has been into body work over 50 years, so a few red flags to me are, I find it hard to believe no rot , metal still solid ???? I doubt that,How did they remove the foam ??, How did they treat inner quarter ???. Last ......guarantees rust repair ???....Only if it was cut out and new metal installed.Kind of makes me glad I don't have to rely on some one else to repair this the way I would..If you keep this car, rust will come back in the same place. Probably ground down the metal , and loaded bondo on it. Not a good repair.Remember just my opinion here, I hope I am wrong.the best to you, Do you have any photos of the repair you can share with us? , like to see their process on this.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, here are some pics from today after being painted,had the hood repaired due to some gouges from someone who took my 345 emblems also

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my 13 rt less than a year ago with 13k miles. Ive noticed a rust bubbles starting right in front of the rear tire and I'm afraid that it's really bad inside there. Im with kustom150 ford guy that I don't trust any body shop to fix it in a way that the rust won't come back plus don't have thousands of dollars for that right now. I guess I'm going to attempt to fix it myself and probably ruin my car in the process but whatever.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Don’t try and fix it your self, it will look worse than the rust. Btw, we used to work together.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,195 Posts
E7E3E831-8B5B-41D2-BE5F-6151537556BF.jpeg
15128DC9-3CFF-46DE-9A9B-E9D00EEA797F.jpeg

I guess I’ll join the club, in two months time it is going to town.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,858 Posts
Just crossed the 50k mark with my '10 and so far I have no problems with rusting. I just did a Waterless Wash and all lower panels look good. Of course, I don't drive in winter weather and only if I get caught in the rain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don’t try and fix it your self, it will look worse than the rust. Btw, we used to work together.
Im definitely fixing it myself. well attempting at least. Ive been driving rusty piles my entire life and I'm not driving a rusty challenger. just the rear quarter panels alone are $1000 a piece and im not spending that much. you work for laverdiere?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
damn I will be checking my soon got the tools.Hopefully I dont have issues and hopefully I can find where the water is getting in.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Im definitely fixing it myself. well attempting at least. Ive been driving rusty piles my entire life and I'm not driving a rusty challenger. just the rear quarter panels alone are $1000 a piece and im not spending that much. you work for laverdiere?
I am with you I dont have the money to take it to a shop if I didnt how do I know they fixed the problem

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Its usually just a patch needed in lower area in front of the rear wheel. There are some other threads with a lot of pics where they show the problem area. I don't think they make patches for that area yet but a good body man can make one. I am a land surveyor if that helps you place where I work, used to McClure.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts