Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call this morning from STS1 that the newest member in our area. 'Dr Judy' on the forum passed away in her sleep last night unexpectedly. Really sad. She had just bought her 2014 Challenger SRT 6 speed a little over a month ago and then joined the "Z" and was really pumped about cruising with us this summer. Recently on May 3rd, she and her husband cruised with all 40 of our Challengers to Lafayette for the event we call Cinco de Mopar and was so excited!! Judy was a professor at Purdue University Northwest In campus. (They call it Purdue Calumet) and thus the username Dr. Judy. She was 63 years old.

·
Premium Member
18,526 Posts
That's a shame.My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
How sad. It is always saddening when you hear of one of our own members passing. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and her friends like you.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
63 is a relatively young age nowadays, it's really surprising and disappointing to hear the news. Condolences to Judy's family and friends.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,977 Posts
My condolences to Dr Judy's family and friends.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Such very sad news....she was very young indeed. I'm happy she at least got a chance to experience the thrill of owning a Challenger.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Very sad to hear my condolences to the friends, family, and those who knew her.

Take it easy
Jay

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
So sad to hear this, prayers for her friends and family..................

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I am sorry for her passing so seemingly early in her life. Best of wishes to her family.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,761 Posts
So sad, my thoughts and prayers to her family.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,483 Posts
That is really sad news. I didn't get a chance to know her on the forum, I am sure it would have been a great experience to know another gal close to my age. Very sorry for her family.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
She sounds like one heck of a lady. I am sure she will be missed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A lost opportunity to meet another enthusiast.

·
12,990 Posts
Very sad to hear.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, just checked and saw that her last visit to the forum was Sunday, the 11th. Strange feeling indeed. I had talked to her on the phone on the 23rd of April to tell her about the "Z" and she joined that same day. I remember telling her that I thought it was really cool that a woman would buy a 6 speed and she said she loves driving a stick and a muscle car is a lot more fun when it's a stick. Some of the other guys have known her and her husband a lot longer and have expressed how much she loved cool cars and going to the cruise nights in her husband's Cobra. So she wanted her own cool muscle car and it had to be a hot Challenger ! This really sucks. It would have been so nice to get to know her better especially after seeing her passion that day we all cruised down to Lafayette.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
My thoughts and Prayers go out to her Family. This puts life in perspective to not take every day for granted. Live life to the fullest and don't let the small stuff annoy you. RIP

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Coolbreeze - please pass on our collective thoughts and prayers to her family and your local group.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts