Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my challenger for two weeks and I already have a crack on my windshield from a 18 wheeler slinging rocks. :smiledown:

·
Registered
243 Posts
:( That is a bummer. In 3 days of owning mine I had a good ding in my bumper. Fortunately the detailer that applied Opti-Coat to my car was able to fix it up.

·
12,990 Posts
Sorry to hear that, thats never a pleasant thing to deal with, hopefully it will be fixed and as good as new again real soon.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
That's a definite bummer.....but nothing that Safelite or one of those glass repair companies can't fix. It'll be good as new in no time!

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
I think the windshields on our Challengers is an easy replacement for a glass shop as it sits mostly on the top of the seal.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
That stinks! I must either be super lucky or my front glass is made of Wolverine's bones only clear. It's survived fist sized hail (no lie) and numerous rocks. I've clearly heard on 3 separate occasions rocks flung at my windshield, only to find absolutely no chips or anything when inspecting it later. Hope you get yours fixed! :smileup:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just got one of those the other day. Going to wait until it starts running to replace it. Thankfully it hit my window instead of my paint.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
That stinks! I must either be super lucky or my front glass is made of Wolverine's bones only clear. It's survived fist sized hail (no lie) and numerous rocks. I've clearly heard on 3 separate occasions rocks flung at my windshield, only to find absolutely no chips or anything when inspecting it later. Hope you get yours fixed! :smileup:
of course...and I hate to say it....you know what's going to happen now, right?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I love those signs on the back of trucks that say "Stay back 500 feet - Not responsible for broken windshields"... as he cuts me off or zooms by me..
I'm gonna get a sign on my car saying "Not responsible for gunshots at irresponsible truckers"

·
Registered
584 Posts
Less than a week into having mine I got my first door ding. Still need to get it repaired. Hardly noticeable, except for me.

·
Banned
149 Posts
Had similar happen when I purchased a new truck back in 08. Had it three days and got a rock on the windshield. Brought it to safelite and they had me fixed up in no time and 4 years later when I traded it in, it was still good as gold.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just got one of those the other day. Going to wait until it starts running to replace it. Thankfully it hit my window instead of my paint.
Why wait when you can repair the chip pretty cheaply? I know wal mart sells a little kit for like 10 or 15 dollars to repair rock chips. I think safelite will repair a rock chip as well, albeit idk the cost of this procedure. Both are much cheaper and easier on the eyes than letting it run and replacing later.

The day I brought my challenger home, I noticed a rock chip in the front spoiler. Took a nice chunk out the plastic. Sucks but oh well, you can only see it from up close and you can only tell that it's a chip when you really examine it. Otherwise, it looks like a drop of water on the matte black plastic.

Gives me a reason to buy a SRT front lip in the future :).

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
Lol. Yeah, never understood the truck signs "stay back 500 feet". That's over a football field and a half. Not sure about you guys but I can probably barely tell its a truck, let alone read a damn sign on it from that far. Oh and by the way, as a driver, of any vehicle you are responsible for your load.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts