Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My cracked windshield is no more!! I had an appointment this morning in Rapid City with Safelite at 9:00 a.m. It is an hour and a half drive, and I was so anxious that I left at 5:50 a.m.! Really worried about someone taking the windshield out of my car.
I got there at 8:15 and they said they would just go ahead right away. They give the best customer service I have ever experienced!! First I asked if they wanted me to drive the car around to the shop. They said no they would do it. I kind of hinted that I wanted them to be careful. They were all smiles!! Then they asked if someone was picking me up while it was getting fixed. I told them no because I live 100 miles away. No problem, they offered free coffee, free soft drinks, and gave me the remote for their TV. Also had some good car magazines. After about 10 minutes the service rep. came back and told me to come out to my car. (I was thinking oh no something happened). They just wanted to point out a small paint chip above the windshield. I told them I knew about it and so they need not worry about me thinking they did it. That impressed me a lot! Dr.Color Chip is happening this week. At 9:45 a.m. the car was finished. They drove it around front and boy was I amazed at how good it looked. They washed all my windows, vacuumed driver & passenger side of the car also. They also gave me a free can of safelite window cleaner. They commented that they loved the color of my car, which led to another Challenger conversation. They wanted to see the 2013 Calendar.
It was a fun conversation. VERY nice people. They are the only people to use to replace your glass!! I tried to post pictures but I have exceeded my limit of photos.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Customer service is................

...........a "hot button" issue with me. I'm happy for you with this experience.
Keep on CHALLENGING!:smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
SafeLite is a great company Betty! I'm gald they took care of you and your Jazz Blue Baby! :smileup:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Glad everything went well, Betty! Sounds like they treated you like a VIP as well, awesome! :smileup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
SafeLite

So very rare to find that kind of customer care these days.
Here we all are blogging about something
that should just be the norm.
Glad you had a good experience.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
that is a cool story for sure....so often we hear about customer service being bad so it's refreshing to hear positive news too!

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Glad they treated your car as well as they did definitely would make me want to go back for any other services they provided.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,744 Posts
As I said in an another post I have used them for years and never had a bad experience.Glad you were so well taken care of.I also think their glass is a little more resistant to sand pitting.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Corbin,
Yes, it certainly was a great experience. They have the industry's only nationwide lifetime guarantee. They have what they call TrueSeal system that guides the new windshield into precise position to ensure the most reliable seal. I also was told they use robotics so they don't touch your car!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Betty, really glad that you got your windshield fixed, but most of all, that your experience was great. I'll bet that the friendly and professional way that they treated you helped put your mind at ease! :smileup:

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Absolutely Dan! When they told me over the phone that this store had already done 71 Challengers, that really put my mind at ease! My car is now whole again!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Sounds like an awesome experience Betty. But what exactly happened to your windshield?...as I haven't been on much lately.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dave,
I am not sure the exact reason, but last Friday I went into the garage and there was an eleven inch crack on the passenger side! It is possible it was caused by a very small chip on the edge of the windshield. I really can't believe it was caused by that, but I guess it can happen with a chip on the edge of the glass. I had just recently spent a whole day detailing the car, so it was pretty hard to see that. I am so glad Susie reminded me of Safelite. Bless her heart!!

·
12,990 Posts
My cracked windshield is no more!! I had an appointment this morning in Rapid City with Safelite at 9:00 a.m. It is an hour and a half drive, and I was so anxious that I left at 5:50 a.m.! Really worried about someone taking the windshield out of my car.
I got there at 8:15 and they said they would just go ahead right away. They give the best customer service I have ever experienced!! First I asked if they wanted me to drive the car around to the shop. They said no they would do it. I kind of hinted that I wanted them to be careful. They were all smiles!! Then they asked if someone was picking me up while it was getting fixed. I told them no because I live 100 miles away. No problem, they offered free coffee, free soft drinks, and gave me the remote for their TV. Also had some good car magazines. After about 10 minutes the service rep. came back and told me to come out to my car. (I was thinking oh no something happened). They just wanted to point out a small paint chip above the windshield. I told them I knew about it and so they need not worry about me thinking they did it. That impressed me a lot! Dr.Color Chip is happening this week. At 9:45 a.m. the car was finished. They drove it around front and boy was I amazed at how good it looked. They washed all my windows, vacuumed driver & passenger side of the car also. They also gave me a free can of safelite window cleaner. They commented that they loved the color of my car, which led to another Challenger conversation. They wanted to see the 2013 Calendar.
It was a fun conversation. VERY nice people. They are the only people to use to replace your glass!! I tried to post pictures but I have exceeded my limit of photos.
I'm glad to hear everything worked out good for you Betty, you can always use photobucket if you are worried about picture storage.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I have used Safelite 2 times in the past on other cars and they always did a great job. My insurance covered it 100%. Not a dime out of pocket.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Dave,
I am not sure the exact reason, but last Friday I went into the garage and there was an eleven inch crack on the passenger side! It is possible it was caused by a very small chip on the edge of the windshield. I really can't believe it was caused by that, but I guess it can happen with a chip on the edge of the glass. I had just recently spent a whole day detailing the car, so it was pretty hard to see that. I am so glad Susie reminded me of Safelite. Bless her heart!!
Wow, that is strange. But glad everything is ok now and that you had a good experience. Interestingly I've never heard of this company... I've only used a privately owned auto glass place in my area and I know them personally. The guy will even come to my garage and install wlndshields on the various vintage cars that I've restored. But that's good to know anyway in case I'm out of town or on vacation and need service of that kind.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Betty, good to know you were well taken care of, that was excellent treatment you received! I have used them a few times in different states in the past and have always been satisfied with their service.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts