Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had salesman tell me that for the 2020 SCAT PACK Challenger Widebody --- "You cannot order the Technology Group without ordering the Plus Package. It's a glitch on the Dodge website. You can select just Technology but its wrong - so you must order the Plus Package". // In 2018 I had no "glitch" ordering the Tech Package & Driver Convenience Package. I'm guessing this is sales BS???? Thnx, Jim

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Just had salesman tell me that for the 2020 SCAT PACK Challenger Widebody --- "You cannot order the Technology Group without ordering the Plus Package. It's a glitch on the Dodge website. You can select just Technology but its wrong - so you must order the Plus Package". // In 2018 I had no "glitch" ordering the Tech Package & Driver Convenience Package. I'm guessing this is sales BS???? Thnx, Jim
My inclination would be to if you can select the Tech Group package and the interface accepts your choice without a popup stating you must also select the Plus Package or the Plus Package doesn't get automatically selected then it does suggest the salesman is feeding you BS.

Everything a car salesman tells you is intended to get you to buy the car as soon as possible and to pay as much for the car as possible. Insisting more packages need to be selected with no other sign this is the case is well, BS.

Or he's misinformed?

Or the ordering software is really bad and doesn't reflect the package combinations the factory does require?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I just tried it out on the Dodge web site and if you order the Technology group for $495, you need to add the Driver Convenience Group for $1,295, NOT the Plus Package that costs $2,095.00
-John
So salesman BS then? Or the salesman is just misinformed? I'd like to believe the latter.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just tried it out on the Dodge web site and if you order the Technology group for $495, you need to add the Driver Convenience Group for $1,295, NOT the Plus Package that costs $2,095.00
-John
Correct. That too is what I have found on the dodge site all along.

·
Registered
805 Posts
On the Dodge Canadian Build site, if you select the Technology group then you have to take the Drivers Convenience AND the Plus Group. The Plus Group is an interior choice too. Napa/Alcantara leather. That was building a 2020 Hellcat Wide Body.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The one rule you must never break is that you NEVER, EVER, believe something a dealer says without checking it out on a forum. I learned that the hard way. And never believe the Dodge.com search for a match to the car you build on the site. It doesn't work. Just start checking dealer websites.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one rule you must never break is that you NEVER, EVER, believe something a dealer says without checking it out on a forum. I learned that the hard way. And never believe the Dodge.com search for a match to the car you build on the site. It doesn't work. Just start checking dealer websites.
I'm confused. He said if I gave him my bank routing number and acount number he could get me a deal like never before. You don't think he was unethical, manipulative and border line criminal? 😄

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
I'm confused. He said if I gave him my bank routing number and acount number he could get me a deal like never before. You don't think he was unethical, manipulative and border line criminal? 😄
Maybe he wants to count the money in there, and if you don't have enough, he will add some in.
-John

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another salesman just told me - IF YOU ORDER THE TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE YOU MUST ORDER THE PLUS PACKAGE. Fascinating.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
HA! No. It's an order. Sadly I was on my way to deposit - BUT - he also told he was off by $4k on the price. He says the MSRP on the Dodge site INCLUDES all discounts. Yeah. Sure. Ok. Just wait in the lot for me to show up. LOL !
EDIT: Well, he was correct - the MSRP includes the $4850. But, the GSM had given me other reductions that now are not included. Moving on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jim,
Was that at Koons? How did your dealings go with them? Also, I'm confused. The MSRP should then be less the $4850 power dollars and less any dealer discount.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jim,
Was that at Koons? How did your dealings go with them? Also, I'm confused. The MSRP should then be less the $4850 power dollars and less any dealer discount.
I'm very disappointed in Koons. I have the email saying, "Jim I'll sell you that car for XXX." I know an email is not a contract or PO but that email was definitive. It's been an exhausting 2 weeks. I'm going to post a synopsis of "salesmen gems" from this past week. Ugh

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I'm very disappointed in Koons. I have the email saying, "Jim I'll sell you that car for XXX." I know an email is not a contract or PO but that email was definitive. It's been an exhausting 2 weeks. I'm going to post a synopsis of "salesmen gems" from this past week. Ugh
Here it is a legally binding offer, otherwise it's a switch and bait tactic that is very illegal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know what you mean. You did talk to the guy that handles the sales for the forums right? I think it is Eric, but I can check if you like.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The hookup is actually from hellcat.org. Many, many members have bought from them at excellent prices. Call this guy and start from scratch. Tell him you saw his info from the forum.

Craig Benner
Online Forum/Ordering Manager
Koons of Tysons Corner
2050 Chain Bridge Road
Vienna, VA 22182

Also, lot of folks have done business with Luke at Steve White Motors in NC.
He is a serious racer and I think he is the parts manager, but can hook you up with Sales, parts and the Mopar Warranties. He beat everybody in the country for the MaxCare warranty. Really good guy with first class credentials. I'll bet if you call these two you can get the deal you want.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts