Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Santa Cruz Weekend Road Trip

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Daytona1888 
#1 ·
Leaving for Santa Cruz, CA for the weekend! Got my Girl with me and its gonna be great!

#5 ·
What a fantastic trip. I cruised from Huntington Beach up to pick up my girlfriend in Woodbridge (a small town by Lodi in the Central Valley). We then went from there through San Jose to Santa Cruz, Capitola and Aptos. Tonight I dropped her off at her place and then headed back to Huntington Beach...8 hours of driving. I got 29.2 mpg, and the Challenger was perfect. Looked great parked at the beach. And got several "Cool" comments. The weather was in the low 60s but felt like him 70s. It was a perfect weekend with my awesome girlfriend and my awesom car! One thing I love about this car is I can put the windows down and not get blown away. I LOYVE it!!!

#8 ·
That is awesome!! So glad you enjoyed the road trip. Guess I can relate to that! I have visited Monterey and Carmel, but it was 1969! Never will forget it! Road tripped from Monterey to LA in a BMW with a girlfriend! Congrats on the nice weekend!!
1969? Must have been during your hippie-period, Betty.
Turn on, tune in and drop out.......

Seriously, that sounds like a very fun trip, must be a nice memory to have :smileup::smileup::smileup:

#9 ·
1969? Must have been during your hippie-period, Betty.
Turn on, tune in and drop out.......

Seriously, that sounds like a very fun trip, must be a nice memory to have :smileup::smileup::smileup:
I appreciate this thread as it brings back so many fond memories of that trip. And yes it was definitely the hippie period. Flew out there on student stand-by for $33, a whole week only cost me $130! I was lucky to have this old box handy that had a few pics in it. The beads I am wearing in the pics were still in the box. The ocean was cold that day at Monterey!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.