Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is more about the drive and experiences that brings satisfaction and strengthens our relationships with our Challenger. There are times when you get behind the wheel without intention and just drive. I would like to read your stories. I will share one of mine.

Spring is always a favorite time of year because the weather is beautiful, and it is a time of renewal. She is clean and beautiful, freshly waxed. Black shines like no other color in my opinion. The weather was in the mid 70's, and I always have a playlist loaded on my iPod just for these occasions. I pull out of the garage and she just sounds so good with that low end burble. She wants to play. I can tell. The shifts are smooth and she just jumps at the chance to run. I lower the windows half way and open the sunroof strapping on my Oakley's. I feel great and start my ride with Golden Earring Radar Love, the perfect beginning to a great warmup.

I pull out of my association and take a left with Music blaring I drop into second and open her up. I get a little rear end slide as the Hemi opens up. I bring it to a roar at 5250 RPM and then catch third getting a little more slide before it straightens out. Ahh, thats the stuff. I love catching the lights every now and then because it gives me the opportunity to row through the gears again and open her up. It doesn't hurt that she gets looks from every corner. I pull into the gas station and compliments start up from neighboring pumps. "You have a beautiful car."That paint is incredible." It always brings a smile to my face, and as I start her up that low end burble resonates under the gas pumps and everyone looks as I pull away. This time a bit more conservatively as to not be an ass but assuring everyone that she has the power.

It is a beautiful day so its time to hit the highway. I hit the on ramp kicking it sideways, Motley Crue Kickstart my heart blasting and power shifting as I merge on to the highway. On ramps are my quarter mile. I drop it down to cruise and blend into traffic. Around this time I pump it up to Motorhead Ace of spades. I cruise around jumping speeds only with long openings so Im the only one opening it up. I later get joined by a BMW 328 that wants to play but realizes when I drop it into fourth that keeping up is a hard thing to do. I would drop it and put 10 car lengthens on him and after the second time he just gives up.

Metallica Motorbreath next up just as I settle in to my cruise here comes a Camaro with stickers and a wing. I can tell its a six due to the size of the exhaust. I don't give as she drives by. The Camaro slows down, and Its a woman possibly in her forties. She smiles and waves kinda flirty and takes off I didn't give into the chase since traffic was thickening up. She was driving like an idiot in and out of traffic and cutting people off, dangerous.

I start to wind down coming up on my exit and Motley Crue Wild Side starts me up again coming around the merge into traffic. I drop it again smoking the rears and hitting the gears like a pro. Feeling like Im a kid again and remembering the good times. Remember picking up Motley Crue's newest cassette at Coconuts music store and blasting these same tunes out of the Pioneer 6x9s in the simulated wood cabinets, remember? It is all about the experience and the memories. It is reliving the feelings through more experienced hands and eyes, but feeling the same excitement as we did back then.

Drop it down into third cooling my heals and rolling into the neighborhood, turning down the music, slowing down because of the kids, then pulling into the garage and shutting her down. Thanking her for another great ride, and that I am still here to experience it again 25 year later.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,044 Posts
great playlist. just got done listening to AC/DC's We who are about to rock salute you. I grew up in the era of heavy metal and hair bands, so almost all of my Sirius presets are set to hard rock stations. seems to go well with the Hemi's throttle. hence my username.... :D

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,112 Posts
Now we know where you got your user name, John!!

Lucky 13, That was a thoroughly enjoyable ride I just took in your car! All of us who live in the snow are grateful for this post. Since we obviously have an age difference, I listen to different rock, but the effect is the same. I guess I will try all of your music!!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
For someone who's car is in storage, reading your Joy Ride Tribute really woke me up!!!! I almost felt like I was in the driver's seat, listening to the music pumping and feeling that engine pound!

I'll have to wait a month or so before I can share my story, but for now, I'll just read all of yours!!!:smileup:

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
you got it man, now that's the way we like to cruise around, listening to some of that great music, I grew up in that time also. I didn't have a wonderful ride like this though. thanks for sharing I really enjoyed that ride with ya

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the kind words, Im waiting for some of yours, take me for a ride and let me listen to your tunes. This is what it is all about and the reason we drive Challengers rather than Accords, not that there is anything wrong with that. The cruise ins, car shows, long cross country drives all have a story and solidifies the reason why we drive these cars. I dont know one person that uses this car as a utility. So open up and take me along for the ride.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
That was definitely an awesome ride. It was written like an exciting novel. Too bad I cant write one yet...more snow coming tomorrow night and more 0 temps right behind. This really sucks !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.