Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I know you guys have prop talked about this till your blue in the face,

I have a 2017 Challenger RT 5.7, it came with the 2.75 free flowing exhaust.

Stupid me cut the mid mufflers? or resonators? off.

It was way to loud so i am thinking they def were the mufflers? Cus they were to loud I replaced them with Borla pro's. Now the car is quite, FmL, drove over 1000 miles since install so still quite.

Did i remove the mufflers or resonators? Should I remove the black cans at the end of tail pipe seeing has i have the brola pros already installed, has i think the borla should do a good job on its own.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,281 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Illinois!.....Yes you definitely removed the mufflers. The resonators are at the end of the tailpipes just ahead of the exhaust tips. Having a 6 speed gives you more control over the exhaust drone (higher at certain RPMs) that comes with removing the resonators. If yours was an automatic I'd say, NO don't remove the resonators, the drone will drive you crazy (been there, done that). I'm sure several members with a 6 speed will chime in, with great advice. ;)

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,474 Posts
Welcome to the site! On my 13 R/T 5.7 6 spd, I removed the resonators and left the factory mufflers.. Sounded awesome in my opinion... I used the blastin bobs delete kit.. but I believe they have a few options... might want to check them out...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I don’t think that tremoving the resonators is gonna help any on sound. They only have a few little holes in them anyhow. It may just be that the mufflers that you installed are quit. I did the same thing with my 5.7 Jeep. I removed the factory and replaced with a magnaflow and it was as quit as stock. Sorry that you didn’t like the mid deleat I loved mine but yes it’s pretty loud. Now I have no cats or mufflers and it 4x louder than no mufflers

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you for the reply!

Yea it was super loud and for the amount I drive the car it was getting annoying.

Also it was super raspy at full throttle. Maybe cus it’s a 5.7, I have heard 6.4 with it and it does sound better.

Plan on getting a 392 charger soon do to family needs. Now I know the stock is just has good and properly plane not to touch it I’m the future.

Have my concern was I removed the wrong part lol. But after looking at the parts again I fell that I did remove the mufflers.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! I did the mid delete and think it sounds perfect. A lot of rumble and just loud enough not to be obnoxious.

·
Premium Member
12,627 Posts
Welcome to the z from WV... Glad you joined us...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from PA. My wife did the mid delete on her '16 Charger R/T. She really loves the sound. As you know, sound is subjective :D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts