Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving just the other day in my Challenger with my wife and kids when I noticed a nice white Challenger behind me. I looked and the grill was kind of different. Then the guy passed by me after turning and here it was a 2015 Challenger! Looked to be an SXT as there were no Hemi badges on it. The guy waved and went on his way.

I didn't notice any strange license plate on it, no manufacturer plate, no temporary plate, etc. I was talking to Tom (TJGS) about this and he said the 2015's aren't supposed to go into production until sometime this summer, around July or so.

Wonder what the deal was with that one? Anyone have any guesses?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,516 Posts
Probably an auto exec trying out the new product.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah must have been. I didn't get a good look at the guy as he drove by, but the car sure looked sharp! I think they'll sell a lot of them, definitely one of the coolest looking cars on the road. Just didn't expect to see a 2015 on the road yet, sort of caught me by surprise.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Chrysler sponsors hundreds of car shows across the country and they display their latest models in a pavilion at these car shows. Is it possible there is something like that going on where you live? Of course you live in Chrysler's corporate headquarters, so an exec driving a 2015 would not be out of the question.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's possible, but I wasn't aware of anything going on around here recently. It could be an exec or engineer or something I suppose, that makes the most sense. But he was pretty far away from headquarters in Auburn Hills being way down in Allen Park by me. Maybe he took it home for the weekend or something?

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Seems like there have been a lot of sightings lately, I'm guessing they have more than a few out there being road tested before things go into production. Very cool that you got to see one live and in person before most of us.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I had posted this last week or so......a FB friend saw one of these in a parking lot near his house. Maybe it was the same one you saw.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, the one I saw was white. It didn't have a manufacturer plate on it either. Wish I had my camera with me I would have snapped a pic of it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I can't wait till they start hitting dealer lots so I can see one in person and make the decision on trading

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's definitely sharp looking! I really like the new front end and rear end. I've tossed the idea around about trading mine in for a new one, but at this point I'm so close to paying it off I'm not sure I'd want to start all over again. If I was able to get into a 392 for a decent price maybe, but going from an R/T to another R/T I don't think it'd make much sense at least for me.

I'd have to sit inside one too with that totally new interior. I think it might be too modern looking for me. I sort of like the plain retro type interior of my 2010.

·
Registered
275 Posts
somebody posted a photo of a sub-lime green 2015 on my facebook page yesterday, it had
what looked like Colorado plates on it, pictures were in front of his house and driveway, don't think it was a demo -it was sweet looking

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Yup.....it's true....Someone in CO just got one....here it is!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's one sharp Challenger there!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
That is a beautiful Challenger! My favorite part is the new taillight design! I am not usually a fan of black wheels, but I have to say with the green, they look amazing!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Seen 2 2015 R/Ts Sat night on Woodward Ave, a sublime and a red, also I believe there was a hellcat (possible mule car, cause it dnt sound like an R/T) but the driver would not pull into the parking lot where a crowd of us were

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
What's with the15s poppin up already? If they haven't gone into production yet, how can one appear in Colorado and other places? Hmm...

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
What's with the15s poppin up already? If they haven't gone into production yet, how can one appear in Colorado and other places? Hmm...
From what I've been reading on FB, these guys are all Chrysler Execs.....seems like they're sneaking a few out to corporate.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just saw another one going down the road by my house over the weekend. It was a black R/T. Sure looks sharp!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
I just saw another one going down the road by my house over the weekend. It was a black R/T. Sure looks sharp!
Carl, you didn't have your camera ready ? I have been riding and watching but nothing yet around me. :shakehead:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts