Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halo's are very cool for a mod and I plan to do it soon.
While perusing the net, I ran across a posting somewhere that said go to this link and ask the ebay seller for 4 160MM rings. It also said it was an easy 45 min install...LOL

There is a video of the completed install on youtube also on a Challenger that was linked in the posting.

Here is the link to the ebay seller (which is not me):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-X-BMW-200...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item232a0ac141

Thoughts? :doh:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
I would put this in the "Buyer Beware" category. Seller is definately not aware of the fact that packaging helps the sale.

I think I remember seeing somewhere that you could get the halo rings with 3M tape to stick them on the outside of your lights. :doh:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spot on there with "Beware"...

I even posted a reply about how they were installed in 45 min...no response yet.
I'll assume they were applied like you indicated and that the bulk of that 45 minutes was spent on a QUICK wiring job.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,987 Posts
Installed in 45 min my arse...just had halos installed this past w/e and it takes that long (at least) to remove the front fascia.

I have seen people take those led strips you can cut to length and mount them inside the bezel. You see the reflection of the leds and it doesn't look bad for an inexpensive mod.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
I ain't much for mods you have to disable when you're driving. That's the my biggest obstacle in joining the halo crowd. They're illegal in PA, except when parked. They do look cool though, I will say that. :smileup:

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've got the "amber" halos. They sure look orange to me though! Maybe they call them amber to comply with most laws that state the only color auxiliary lighting can be is white or amber. I've driven with them on here in Maine, and I've passed more than a few police cruisers. Haven't been stopped yet. I do carry a copy of the section of the law dealing with aux. lighting in the glove box.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
... I do carry a copy of the section of the law dealing with aux. lighting in the glove box.
...that's a pretty good idea cowdoc!

:hah: It would be my luck that I would get stopped by the finest just outta the academy and thought I was being "argumentative".
I would get to see my ride being towed off from the back of the crusier in cuffs! :att:

Guess I would then have to call it a new "PhotoOp"...I'll stick with white. LOL

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ NorthernHawk...really like your straight on shot of your challenger! :Wow1:

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
thanks Desmo...was playing with some filters etc so the blue really is enhanced in that picture but it's one of my favorites for sure.

thanks!

·
Registered
949 Posts

:hah: It would be my luck that I would get stopped by the finest just outta the academy and thought I was being "argumentative".
I would get to see my ride being towed off from the back of the crusier in cuffs! :att:

Guess I would then have to call it a new "PhotoOp"...I'll stick with white. LOL
Challengers look AWESOME from behind LOL

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
outstanding reply on looking good from the back... <snickering>

·
Registered
501 Posts
I had the manufacturers of the lights (AAC) install my plasma halos a few weeks ago. It took almost 8 hours for the install: remove the front fascia, remove lights, open both headlights and fog lights, install halos, cook lights back together then wait to seal properly. I went with them because they offer the lifetime warranty. I have an on/off switch inside because the color I have (red) is illegal to drive around with. But I knew that before choosing them.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
I do carry a copy of the section of the law dealing with aux. lighting in the glove box.
I'm probably going to do that if I ever get my windows tinted. PA law is sorta ambiguous on window tinting and one of the local police departments where I live is well known to be very anti-tint and likes to write tickets. They don't much care what the law says because they interpret it to not allow any tint unless it's from the factory or is on the rear windows of a SUV, pickup truck or van. Most people believe that the intent of the tint law is that despite this, you can have tint to what the federal law says. So that would be my argument. That said, I've not gotten tint done because I don't know how much I'm going to enjoy having to go to court multiple times, because once I get the first ticket, I'm sure I'll become a magnet for more once it's known I like to fight the tint tickets.

·
Registered
178 Posts
While perusing the net, I ran across a posting somewhere that said go to this link and ask the ebay seller for 4 160MM rings. It also said it was an easy 45 min install...LOL

There is a video of the completed install on youtube also on a Challenger that was linked in the posting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-X-BMW-200...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item232a0ac141

These go on the outside of the headlights with 3M tape. You have to be really close to tell. I've had them on my car for 4-5 month. No issues. It did take me less than 45 minutes to install. Great mod for the price.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These go on the outside of the headlights with 3M tape. You have to be really close to tell. I've had them on my car for 4-5 month. No issues. It did take me less than 45 minutes to install. Great mod for the price.
Thanks for the follow up Maurice! I had my doubts when I first ran across the posting. Do you have any close up shots? Did you tap into fog lights for power?
Glad to hear this isn't a scam.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the follow up Maurice! I had my doubts when I first ran across the posting. Do you have any close up shots? Did you tap into fog lights for power?
Glad to hear this isn't a scam.
I'll take pics later today and post them. I connected to the fuse box. They turned on when the engine starts. Very simple install.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts

Looks like the item location is in China too! :smiledown:

Screw that $hit!!!

:shakehead:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts