Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new 21 Sinamon Stick Scat Pack auto. Looking for CAI options as I have the heat extractor hood and concerned about water on filter. Also, any recommendations on new mid muffler? I’m keeping the active exhaust. I did mini bullets on my 13 SRT 6sd and they sound pretty good.
I have a JLT on my 13 SRT but just concerned about filter location on my Scat with the hood extractor just above filter. Any info and recommendations would be appreciated!
Cheers!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A 392 6 Speed
56 Posts
For exhaust, I’d go to some local car meets and listen to what others are running and if you hear one you like ask the owner what they got. Videos aren’t great and sound mostly like garbled truck exhausts to me

·
Registered
2019 F8 Green 1320
18 Posts
They make intakes with heat extractor covers, which I decided not to use because I would rather have it open. I keep it in the trunk in case I'm ever stuck in the rain, though.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Widebody
126 Posts
Just picked up my new 21 Sinamon Stick Scat Pack auto. Looking for CAI options as I have the heat extractor hood and concerned about water on filter. Also, any recommendations on new mid muffler? I’m keeping the active exhaust. I did mini bullets on my 13 SRT 6sd and they sound pretty good.
I have a JLT on my 13 SRT but just concerned about filter location on my Scat with the hood extractor just above filter. Any info and recommendations would be appreciated!
Cheers!
View attachment 288472
JLT does sell a clear extractor vent cover to nothing will drip onto the filter. I've been thinking of doing that, sort of want the JLT myself but ahvent done it yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well you could go the track hawk exhaust tip route and get dynomax mini race bullets and be in it for all at or under $500

·
Registered
21 SP WB in Go Mango
171 Posts
hellcat air box FTW... The Xmod is expensive but it sounds spectacular... I may try the bullets' but I want to hear it first.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do the different exhaust tips make a difference or do they just add a different look?
There might be a minimal tone difference. Could be a hair louder, hard to tell. I do like the look better than the square tips. I’m still stock otherwise. I’d still like to hear somebody’s in person before I decide. This is a tough choice for me. I had a GT350 last year that I sold and to me there was no better sounding stock exhaust anywhere, people that changed those exhausts were nuts. IMHO.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have to add, Hellcat intake is the best. With a Scat Pack, the hood has heat exhaust vents and your air filter will get soaked if you get caught in the rain. Make sure you get a catch can for the oil fumes, will save engine life, and I coughed up and got Kooks long tubes with catted pipes, sounds like I am back in the '60's muscle era. BTW, I put a small piece of window screen between the headlamp intake and the intake tube to keep the bugs out. Best of luck with the car, you will love it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well you could go the track hawk exhaust tip route and get dynomax mini race bullets and be in it for all at or under $500
This is my exact setup. The tips dont change the sound for anyone interested. As for OP, I would just go with the hellcat airbox. All other CAIs add minimal hp and are more expensive. You have 3 options for the mid mufflers. Straight pipe, vibrant 1974, or dynomax mini race bullets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts