Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m going to take it off tomorrow. I had to watch a YouTube video to learn how.

Anyone have any problems with a slow leak in one of their tires? Passenger front is losing air slowly. I’ve tightened the valve stem innards but think it’s still leaking? Will bring it to the dealer if necessary but waiting for decent weather.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it's been very cold your tires will normally drop in pressure because tires normally lose or gain 1-2 PSI (pounds per square inch) for every 10℉ change in temperature. This is caused by the air becoming denser as it gets colder which, as a consequence, lowers the tire pressure. Theoretically, your tires could lose 4 PSI over the weekend if the temperature drops by 20℉. While your tire pressure should bounce back after the cold spell passes (assuming it does pass and your tires have no leaks or holes), low tire pressure shouldn't be ignored. I'd suggest filling them up to the lowest psi number in your owners manual if you've been having sub- freezing temps and then check daily to make sure you don't have an actual leak somewhere.

This could likely explain the spoiler scraping incident you noted above, although with the deeper Scat front spoilers, you still should enter driveways and steep exits slowly at an angle to limit scraping as the other members have suggested. :)
Just the one tire so I don’t think it’s temperature related? It’s pretty slow so no be deal keeping it inflated until I can have it looked at. I did a cursory check for nails and luckily haven’t found any yet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts