Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,737 Posts
Nice shot!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks MommaBetty and Skt pk 9 man !!!!
Great pics !!! Finally got my wife to understand that there are other picture takers like me out there 🤙 !!
Sky, I'm liking those pinstripes along those stripes, if that isn't a new idea, idk but loving that pic for sure !!!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Love PCP! What I would have if it was available in 21'. Happy with Indigo Blue though!
Thanks SKT PK 9 Man! I thought they might would continue the PCP again later, but I'm leaning towards they will no longer have it. Darker blues are my favorites in colors, and the Indigo Blue is a beautiful color. If I didn't have the PCP, Indigo Blue and White Knuckle would have been my other choices.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
Reactions: Dbotsy and SFCR

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
I was going to remove the shipping banana but scrapped a curb parking and now I’m on the fence.
Take it off before dirt gets in there and scratches the plastic, Just be careful! Backing in is my strategy. My driveway is so steep if I pull in it scrapes. Have to back in.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,341 Posts
I was going to remove the shipping banana but scrapped a curb parking and now I’m on the fence.
Take it off! I have learned to drive mine without scraping the spoiler. Remember to drive at an angle when you have a dip in the road or a driveway. Helps eliminate the problem a lot!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am very careful to avoid bumping my front spoiler. Very, very careful. Paranoid.

I put these splitter guards on the week I bought the car. I noticed a few scratches on them the last time I had the car in the air doing an oil change. That's great as they are doing their job. That is not so great because I thought I was being paranoid enough and had not bumped them at all!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m going to take it off tomorrow. I had to watch a YouTube video to learn how.

Anyone have any problems with a slow leak in one of their tires? Passenger front is losing air slowly. I’ve tightened the valve stem innards but think it’s still leaking? Will bring it to the dealer if necessary but waiting for decent weather.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,454 Posts
I’m going to take it off tomorrow. I had to watch a YouTube video to learn how.

Anyone have any problems with a slow leak in one of their tires? Passenger front is losing air slowly. I’ve tightened the valve stem innards but think it’s still leaking? Will bring it to the dealer if necessary but waiting for decent weather.
If it's been very cold your tires will normally drop in pressure because tires normally lose or gain 1-2 PSI (pounds per square inch) for every 10℉ change in temperature. This is caused by the air becoming denser as it gets colder which, as a consequence, lowers the tire pressure. Theoretically, your tires could lose 4 PSI over the weekend if the temperature drops by 20℉. While your tire pressure should bounce back after the cold spell passes (assuming it does pass and your tires have no leaks or holes), low tire pressure shouldn't be ignored. I'd suggest filling them up to the lowest psi number in your owners manual if you've been having sub- freezing temps and then check daily to make sure you don't have an actual leak somewhere.

This could likely explain the spoiler scraping incident you noted above, although with the deeper Scat front spoilers, you still should enter driveways and steep exits slowly at an angle to limit scraping as the other members have suggested. :)

• Love
Reactions: MommaBetty

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Take it off! I have learned to drive mine without scraping the spoiler. Remember to drive at an angle when you have a dip in the road or a driveway. Helps eliminate the problem a lot!
That's what I do as well, Betty. I aways back into a space if needed as a last resort. At least the rearview camera makes that a little easier. I've gotten used to driving and parking in a manner to take care of the front spoiler. It's become a normal driving habit.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,341 Posts
If it's been very cold your tires will normally drop in pressure because tires normally lose or gain 1-2 PSI (pounds per square inch) for every 10℉ change in temperature. This is caused by the air becoming denser as it gets colder which, as a consequence, lowers the tire pressure. Theoretically, your tires could lose 4 PSI over the weekend if the temperature drops by 20℉. While your tire pressure should bounce back after the cold spell passes (assuming it does pass and your tires have no leaks or holes), low tire pressure shouldn't be ignored. I'd suggest filling them up to the lowest psi number in your owners manual if you've been having sub- freezing temps and then check daily to make sure you don't have an actual leak somewhere.

This could likely explain the spoiler scraping incident you noted above, although with the deeper Scat front spoilers, you still should enter driveways and steep exits slowly at an angle to limit scraping as the other members have suggested. :)
Excellent explanation about the tire pressure. I am a little obsessive about tire pressure, and where I live it gets darn cold. So I check that a lot. I added air about a month ago, as soon as we started getting colder temps. I haven't driven the Scat for two weeks, and will be driving it tomorrow. That is the first thing I will check!

21 - 40 of 96 Posts