Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://blogs.hotrod.com/dodge-annou...e-packages-for-2014-110497.html#axzz2xoYTpcAz

As of April 2014, Charger and Challenger L-platform sales have eclipsed 1,000,000 units, and Challengers sales have grown every year since it was reintroduced for 2008. To keep the momentum going, Dodge is updating both the 2015 Challenger and Charger. We can’t share the details yet, but there’s still good news for owners of 2014 5.7L-powered Chargers and Challengers.

The Scat Packs that Mopar teased at SEMA 2013 will be available beginning in the spring of 2014. The packages can be combined with the functional Shaker hoodscoop, they’ll add noticeable levels of power, they’re 50-state emissions legal, and they don’t void the factory warranty.

Scat Pack 1 for the 2014 Dodge Challenger and Charger adds up to 18 horsepower and 18lb-ft of torque by adding a Mopar cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust along with a new performance calibration. MSRP is $2,195

Scat Pack 2 builds on the parts from Scat Pack 1 and includes a new Mopar camshaft, pushrods and engine tune. MSRP is $1,895 in addition to the Scat Pack 1.

Scat Pack 3 adds Mopar high-flow cats, headers, and a CNC cylinder head package, adding up to 58hp and 47lb-ft of torque over the base 5.7L. MSRP is $4,995 on top of the Scat Pack 1 & 2.

Categories: Dodge

Reactions: dodge boy

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
$9100 for all three? Does that include installation?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,473 Posts
So if I read it correctly, that is approx. $9,100 above the base R/T for 58 HP. And that's probably flywheel.

Seems like the SC addition offered by our vendors here is much more feasible for much more HP.

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$9100 for all three? Does that include installation?
I would think so but we probably won't know all the details until we see an official Chrysler release.

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I read it correctly, that is approx. $9,100 above the base R/T for 58 HP. And that's probably flywheel.

Seems like the SC addition offered by our vendors here is much more feasible for much more HP.
Yep, the only advantage I'm seeing is you get to maintain warranty by going with the Scat Pack.

I could see a fair number of Package one's selling because the cost of an exhaust, CAI and install could still put you in that price range, not sure how many Package 3's will be sold. Also these prices are listed at MSRP, but we all know lots of dealerships sell Mopar parts at less than MSRP so it will be interesting to see what prices settle out to.

·
12,989 Posts

A very true statement Dan though the one advantage if you could call it that is keeping the warranty.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

Great point. I would just keep the regular 5.7 and build it up myself, you can do a lot with $9,100... and your ride would be much more unique! :smileup:

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Even if the Scat Pack set up comes with a factory warranty I'd be interested to see the fine print on that document. Does the warranty cover 'off road' operation (i.e. track)?
I don't think you can track your car on a serious basis and not expect some mechanical failure from time to time.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts

crazy money for what you get...

like Jklotz10 said... if you're going to spend that kind of money better to get an SC and 392 cam upgrade...

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Aren't the HP numbers for each level in that the total gain is what all 3 are said to provide...for a total of nearly 106hp? 18+30+58? For that sorta money I'd expect +18 after SP1, then an additional 30 once SP2 is done and then an additional 58 after SP3. Otherwise adding ported cylinder heads, hi-flow headers & hi-flow cats only gets you +28hp? Five grand for 28hp? Naw...not me.

:smileup:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Aren't the HP numbers for each level in that the total gain is what all 3 are said to provide...for a total of nearly 106hp? 18+30+58? For that sorta money I'd expect +18 after SP1, then an additional 30 once SP2 is done and then an additional 58 after SP3. Otherwise adding ported cylinder heads, hi-flow headers & hi-flow cats only gets you +28hp? Five grand for 28hp? Naw...not me.

:smileup:

I would hope that what you stated would be the case, but just looking at the press release, I'm not so sure.

" Scat Pack 3 adds Mopar high-flow cats, headers, and a CNC cylinder head package, adding up to 58hp and 47lb-ft of torque over the base 5.7L. MSRP is $4,995 on top of the Scat Pack 1 & 2."

From what I understand, you cannot get scat pack 3 unless you have 1&2 already. But those numbers seem extremely low for that combo of mods. This is so frustrating.

Also, will these be dealer installed options for new cars only, or available to those of us who already own a RT Challenger? I think MSRP on a base 5.7 is around 31,000. If it's only for new cars coming off the assembly line, then you're looking at 40kish, and isn't that what SRT cores are MSRP'd at? Would dodge cross markets like that? I mean, if priced within 1k of each other, who would not choose the SRT core over the base RT with Scat pack 3? I know I would take the SRT just for the suspension alone!

I really wish they would just come out with this information for goodness sakes!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Interesting quote from mooparmodernmagazine

“The Scat Pack factory stage kits can help boost 5.7-liter HEMI performance up to an additional 58 horsepower and 47 lb.-ft. of torque, allowing Dodge enthusiasts to extract the maximum performance from their vehicles without the fear and guesswork typically associated with modifying late-model vehicles,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO, Dodge Brand. “And now with a warranty guarantee, they can do so with the peace of mind that their manufacturer’s warranty remains intact.”

http://www.modernmoparmagazine.com/...y-pricing-performance-numbers-also-announced/

If that's all, consider me underwhelmed.

·
Registered
880 Posts
wow.... I wonder how many scat pack challengers will be sold. sounds like the final price of the car will be awful close to the 392 and probably over the Core.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
If that's all, consider me underwhelmed.
Agreed! Maybe they're counting on more people like me misreading/understanding it.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Hope that price is way inflated, $9,100 is way too much to pay for 58hp. Even $6,000 is way too much to pay for 58hp. I paid $350 for an SRT intake and a Predator tuner which got me probably 15hp or so. So now I have 45hp less than a Scat Pack Stage III car? That's pretty sad.

I really hope the prices are much lower and the hp ratings are much higher for these packages.

$9K could easily do a supercharger, tune, exhaust, CAI, 392 cam, headers, and some new sticky tires for the back.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
$9K could easily do a supercharger, tune, exhaust, CAI, 392 cam, headers, and some new sticky tires for the back.
If you can do all the work yourself, maybe... ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts